Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60R Replacement headlight glass

Views : 2870

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 21st, 2010, 22:40   #1
avrodamo

Cool S60R Replacement headlight glass

I have managed to crack the headlamp glass on my 53 reg S60 R. Volvo want the defecit of a small country for a replacement bi-xenon unit, which i just don't want to run too, especially when it works fine. They also claim that they do not do a replacement lens for the car.
My questions really are this
1) Do Volvo actually do a replacement glass for this unit, bit i am being fed BS?

2) If Volvo don't do it, am i able to appraoch Valeo direct to get a replacement glass?

3) Does anyone know of anyone breaking an S60R where the offside headlamp unit is available?

Hope someone can help, beacuse Volvo can't at the mo, and this is proving to be as elusive as finding the golden fleece!!
Many thanks in advance
avrodamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 23:13   #2
mole

The glass comes as part of the complete unit.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 16:21   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

The R is the only S60 headlamp for which you CAN get a replacement glass , there is a special bonding kit available to go with the new glass , see another volvo dealer who reads his bulletins such as RUFUS on here ...
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 21:03   #4
Bernard333
Premier Member

You can definitely get the glass lens only the R is the same unit as the factory fitted bi zenon option available on V70/S60 from 2003 , the part number has been posted on this forum or ebay somewhere , its still not cheap but nowhere near the £700 for a complete unit .
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard333 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 08:48   #5
avrodamo

Thanks for the replies. I have to say i suspected so. To be honest i have spoken to the 2 local dealers and they have been vague to say the least. Both said i would have to have a complete unit, but when i put one of them under pressure he said that they did do it, but the part no was almost hidden on the system. He then refused thought to give me the part no. When i called back to order it the parts guy told me it was a headlamp protector and not a spare glass. It is like getting blood out of a stone!
avrodamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 10:14   #6
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Volvo Parts.

You might take a look in at www.t5d5.org where there are a number of dealers represented and some owners who might help out....

regards, Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 19:48   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

L/H Lens 8678136
R/H Lens 8678137

PUR Adhesive 1161767

Numbers may be superceeded now .. your dealer will have something to go on now ... ...

Last edited by Clan; Mar 1st, 2010 at 19:50.
Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clan For This Useful Post: