Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 850 GLE Saloon - Nice Condition

Views : 1146

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2008, 21:15   #1
jamiewoolley

Default Volvo 850 GLE Saloon - Nice Condition

Looking to buy a V70 D5 so it's time to say goodbye to my 850 GLE. I've owned this car for 8 years before which it was my father-in-law's and he bought it as an ex-demonstrator.

As you'll see from the photos the bodywork is in fabulous condition for a car of this age and it's done just short of 115,000 miles (all very gentle and a whole file of receipts to prove it's genuine). Nice stuff includes full leather interior, wood trim dashboard, premium sound system and Volvo fitted carpet mats. I also had the wheels refurbed a couple of years back. In truth, its more luxurious than the SE D5 I'm looking to buy, but need to commute 120 miles a day from November, so something more economical is required. Bad bits - air con fitted, but doesn't work, drivers heated seat is not working (passenger seat working fine) and the clutch will probably need replacing within the next 12 months/10,000 miles.

Not really sure what this is worth but know it would be a great car for the right person and would really like to see it go to someone who appreciates it rather than being part-ex'd and then auctioned.

If anyone is interested, just PM me.

P.S. Will probably keep the number plate, as apparently there is a football team with the same initials!

jamiewoolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 21:34   #2
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Nice car but your welcome to the plate.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 21:48   #3
jamiewoolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
Nice car but your welcome to the plate.
Thanks for the compliments re the car. Concerning the plate, they're not my team, I'd really want N918 CFC for Nottingham's first team and the original magpies!
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 15:13   #4
jamiewoolley

Default Volvo 850 GLE - Nice condition

Well I had a change of heart a year and a half ago and decided to hang onto my 850 GLE. Howevever, the day has finally come to let her go.

This is a very much loved car that has been in the same family for the last 14 years

In brief:

Good stuff

3 owners from new - dealers demo, father-in-law and me
The car has now done 134k
Full Service History - huge folder of receipts
Excellent condition full leather (according to the father in law better quality than his new Merc!)
Wood dash
Genuine Volvo mats
Bodywork is excellent bar a small (20 pence) patch of bubbling on each of the wings just above the bumpers and a small paint scrape on the corner of the rear bumper (as only the paint was broken I was going to spray this up when the weather gets better, so have the paint)
Wheels previously refurbed and still in vgc

Bits to may be get fixed (but I have managed without them)

Drivers heated seat
Air con
Clutch renewal - I've continued to drive the car on a daily basis without getting this done, just take more care with my gear changes.

Would really like this car to go to someone who loves them, as for the right person it will be a fantastic car. Not sure what to ask pricewise but equally realise these cars don't go for much these days, despite being leagues better than any of the ron of the mill offerings from Ford, Vauxhall etc.

Happy to answer questions and for people to view the car just PM me if you are interested.

Reason for sale? I'm going to take a chance on a Phase 2 V70, though very much doubt it will give me the reliability of the 850.

NB Pictures at start of thread

Last edited by jamiewoolley; Apr 4th, 2010 at 15:20.
jamiewoolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 20:57   #5
Ulricar

Hi,

Very interested in this but can't PM you due to my paltry number of posts. Can you give me some idea of what you're hoping for price wise?

Thanks!
Ulricar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 23:08   #6
jamiewoolley

Hi

Thanks for the interest in the car. I've sent you a message via your email account.

Regards

Jamie