Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1st year servicing

Views : 1047

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2010, 10:22   #1
XC60Monkey

Exclamation 1st year servicing

My MY10 XC60 is coming up to its first birthday and I'm hoping someone can help me with questions on the service schedule. I've searched throughout my supplied documentation and have been unable to find any info on what exactly what needs doing at each annual service - i.e. when to change filters, spark plugs, cam belts etc. I have the service book, but all that states is that the car reqires a service annually (or at 18,000 miles) and leaves a space for the dealer stamp. Did others get a breakdown of the servicing requirements or could thy point me in the right direction.

I'm assuming its just a basic oil change and general check for the first year service. I have the 3 yr free servicing deal - anyone know what is included / excluded?

Also, the docs state I need an annual bodywork inspection not to void my warranty - is this an additional cost?

Thanks for your help!
XC60Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:23   #2
higthepig
Long-term XC60 Owner

Had mine serviced a few months ago, I had to pay for it as I'm living overseas at present and the free-servicing only applied to the UK. It seems that the major part of the service was an oil change and a check of all the fluids, not sure what else was done, although they lost one of the clips for the drivers-side mat (which they replaced a day later). The service computer was re-set and will now reflect the driving you have done as opposed to a calendar imposed schedule, mine was 12 months old when the light came on with about 12.5k on the clock. I didn't want to take the risk of not having a service (even though it should be closer to 18K) although I was advised by a few garages in the UK that "it should be all right".

Bottom line, they changed the oil, didn't wash the car, lost a bit of the mat and stamped the wrong part of the service book and it cost nearly 350 Euros!. Make the most of the free servicing
higthepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 16:22   #3
adambsmith

This might help you -these were the service sheets when mine was in for its 1st service. The service book is stamped as the bodywork inspection having being done too - all included in the 3 year service offer.

Last edited by adambsmith; May 26th, 2010 at 16:25.
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:32   #4
XC60Monkey

Smile you are a star

Thanks so much for the above - perfect. Also, I phoned local garage and they are sending me a service schedule by post so I am v happy now!
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:34   #5
XC60Monkey

Default Timing belt - every 10 years

Just reading through the schedule - 10 years or 108K for a timing belt - looks pretty optimistic to me. What do others think - I've always replaced after 5 years in the past.
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:51   #6
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I noticed that also. I think that with engine design as good as it is nowadays that chnaces of severe damagae that used to occur has been dratsically reduced. Piston Heads are scalloped to make sure valves don't hit them mostly now and the materials used in the belts is so much better than tears ago - when did you last change a drive belt on an alternator for instance, thing of the past.

Seems like a loong time, but based on the fact that the will have done very careful math to protect themselves I feel that we can go by what they say
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costs, servicing, xc60