Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 SE Lux or..... Touareg SE 3.0TDI?

Views : 3438

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2007, 10:25   #11
Genghis
Genghis

Thanks NC

I've still not made my mind up about the running boards - just seems a lot of money but the kids will certainly like it!!! I've got a search on e-bay and the only thing which has come up are some non-Volvo ones (think they are Viper) and I'd prefer to stick with Volvo.

Hope you & the wife are enjoying the car

Cheers

Jamie
Genghis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 14:51   #12
jennifernn

We recently got a new XC90 SE D5, we got the exterior styling pack (sometimes called the cross country pack) which includes the running boards, load bars for the roof rails,roof ribs and front mud flaps, dealer did it for £646.25 fitted. I have short legs so find them very useful! Also essential for putting anything on the roof. And we wanted load bars and mud flaps anyway.
jennifernn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 14:58   #13
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifernn View Post
We recently got a new XC90 SE D5, we got the exterior styling pack (sometimes called the cross country pack) which includes the running boards, load bars for the roof rails,roof ribs and front mud flaps, dealer did it for £646.25 fitted. I have short legs so find them very useful! Also essential for putting anything on the roof. And we wanted load bars and mud flaps anyway.
Good price.....I find the running boards invaluable for cleaning or loading the roof. You can stand on the back tyres to reach the back of the roof, but for the front part you really need the running boards.
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 23:05   #14
2plus2cat

Smile Running Boards and Tow Bar

I have ordered the XC90 sport today and hope to have it delivered in the next 2 weeks from a local main dealer. All excited so thought it a good idea to join the VOC and seek advise on running boards and tow bars. Any ideas on the best place to order, the best price and anything else I should consider? Thanks.
2plus2cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 09:37   #15
2plus2cat

Smile Update on XC90 sport

Found out yesterday from main dealer that they believe you cannot fit the XC90 sport with running boards as you have a chrome trim running along the sill line. This means that you do not have the clearance - has anyone tried to fit boards to a new xc90 sport? Thanks
2plus2cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 00:11   #16
chunderground
xc90 exec black+privacy

side steps / running boards are essential IMO for kids boarding the car - have seen pics of them fitted to xc90 sport and rdesign so I am surprised to hear that they are not available for the rdesign
chunderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 20:33   #17
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2plus2cat View Post
Found out yesterday from main dealer that they believe you cannot fit the XC90 sport with running boards as you have a chrome trim running along the sill line. This means that you do not have the clearance - has anyone tried to fit boards to a new xc90 sport? Thanks
Yes you can !!The trim does not prevent the fitting of the running boards. I have it on my R design which is the same as the sport.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 21:25   #18
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc11 View Post
She currently drives a Grand cherokee overland, which is so thirsty it's unreal!! It only returns less than 200 miles on a 90 quid worth of fuel tank, so we need something else and quick.NC.
This Grand Cherokee is obviously not a 3.0 CRD (diesel) because i just sold my 2006 Overland model and that would easily do 28mpg or just over 31 on a run.

If the GC is not a diesel is it really fair to compare it to either of these?

Lastly the GC is a FAR more capable off road vehicle than either of the two ( Very Good cars ) that you are looking at buying.

S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 21:36   #19
The Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
This Grand Cherokee is obviously not a 3.0 CRD (diesel) because i just sold my 2006 Overland model and that would easily do 28mpg or just over 31 on a run.

If the GC is not a diesel is it really fair to compare it to either of these?

Lastly the GC is a FAR more capable off road vehicle than either of the two ( Very Good cars ) that you are looking at buying.

No offence but this thread is over 3 years old !
The Painter is offline   Reply With Quote