Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Urgent Help with S40 LCD Climate/Stereo Diplay

Views : 2419

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 1st, 2011, 15:15   #1
gmanlondon

Smile Urgent Help with S40 LCD Climate/Stereo Diplay

Hi Guys,

I am new and about to make the transition from a BMW to a Volvo S40 2.0d SE (04 - onwards).

The car I am about to buy has a cracked LCD display on the stereo/climate control. I was wondering how much and easy it is to fix and where I could buy the part from. The dealer I am buying from is willing to make the exchange for the car and change the part later as he is saying it will take a few weeks for the part to come but just in case he doesnt pull through, i wanted to check out the options.

Any ideas, help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks again and i am very much looking forward to becoming a Volvo owner
gmanlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 15:45   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

The display is likely to cost around £600 and they are obtainable next day from any volvo dealer . dont take any excuses dont hand your money over until you see it working .. once you hand the money over and they realise the cost they will put you off and off and off ..i guess somebody tried to press the display into it's catches with their thumbs on the glass . they would have taken it out to remove a phone hands free kit ..
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:52   #3
timtopping

LCD from this might fit...

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=120205

Orange '99 V70 2.5D Auto
timtopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 18:27   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

afraid not, you cant use a unit from another car they are coded to each individual car for security .
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:52   #5
gmanlondon

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I was tempted to make the exchange before the dealer fixed the problem as my current car really is gulping down the petrol but after browsing the forums and your advice I have asked the dealer to sort before we make the exchange.

We shook on the deal providing he fixed the lcd so its down to him to get it resolved.

it is a lovely looking car and definately looking forward to driving it. plus switching from a 2.8 petrol to a 2.0d im looking forward to driving a bit more
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:33   #6
Marcel
Trader

It is worth giving these guys a ring,

Braydon Motor Co
Downs Road
London
0208 985 0336

ask for Steve,

regards Marcel

Central Services
Volvo radio service
188 Spring Road
Ipswich
Suffolk
IP4 5NR
01473 725953
Marcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 13:47   #7
gmanlondon

Thanks Guys,

Marcel - I did contact Braydon Motor Co but unfortunately they were unable to help. I will keep them as a reference should I need anything else.

Will collect the car today so looking forward to it, the dealer said its all fixed and ready so am really looking to finally getting the car.

Just quickly, what final checks should I do to ensure the display has been fitted correctly?....i been reading up and apparently an incorrect display could result in a few issues including climate control not working etc

Any advice would be great

Thanks again

Tags
lcd, s40/v50, stereo