Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC60 Preview

Views : 20800

Replies : 267

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 20th, 2017, 20:08   #91
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Sounds great!

This is similar to the spec I have gone for initially, although mine would be the r design pro on 21" wheels. Has yours got the blonde interior? The r design only comes in black. The T5 in the XC has 254 HP. My test drive is due in July.
Encouraging that you have gone for it as I was feeling a little lonely !
Have you put an order in, or still thinking about it?
Sorry just seen your test drive is July, I will be surprised if you don't like it.

Last edited by bobby2000; Jun 20th, 2017 at 20:11.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 20:50   #92
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Thanks for the mini-review, and congrats on the order!
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeIOW For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 21:08   #93
tostex

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Well, in that case if the No's add up from a personnel tax angle I would go for it.......nothing to lose and lots of fun to gain. We look forward to hearing your feedback - start a new T8 thread when it arrives?

I was driving up the Douro Valley from Porto last week stopping off at several Port Wine Estates as you do and I must admit that your roads are awesome both in terms of construction and lack of traffic - must have cost a lot of EU funding.
Hope you weren't too close to the recent Forest Fires, the UK News has shown the tragic rows of burnt out cars on the highways in your region.
Yep, I'll start a thread, but you'll have to wait.

http://i.imgur.com/tog30Iw.jpg

This is a picture I took Sunday when I arrived my city. There's not a single cloud in the sky, but the sky is all black due to the smoke. Actually, there were ashes falling from the sky. I'm about 50-70km from the fires and I just heard a friend which I haven't seen in like 20 years died in the fires. It's tragic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
I don't think Paddles are on the options list, I didn't see the option.
We have it in the portuguese configurator after you choose the packs and options. I'm sure there's the possibility to add the paddle shifts, and it's only close to 150€.
tostex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 21:37   #94
Crockers
Premier Member

Bobby. Congratulations. I knew you'd buy it...you had practically made up your mind. Lol.

Does your car come with a panoramic sunroof??
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 21:38   #95
Crockers
Premier Member

I'm assuming no discount........was the trade in more generous??
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 21:51   #96
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
Bobby. Congratulations. I knew you'd buy it...you had practically made up your mind. Lol.

Does your car come with a panoramic sunroof??
No I didn't go for the sunroof, we thought we have managed the last 2 yrs without so I saved £1250 instead.
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 21:57   #97
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
I'm assuming no discount........was the trade in more generous??
No your right there was no dicounts available, having said that carwow came up with one dealer offering £120 discount, but seeing that the dealer was about 120 miles away I didnt bother.
I did manage to squeeze another £750 for mine out of them.
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 21:58   #98
chrisnoy

Quote:
Have you put an order in, or still thinking about it?
Sorry just seen your test drive is July, I will be surprised if you don't like it.
Yes I put a provisional order in last month on the understanding I can cancel if I don't like the test drive.
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 22:08   #99
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
I don't think Paddles are on the options list, I didn't see the option.
Very strange as it was on the configerator when it was 1st launched, but you are dead right as it's now disappeared.
But yet ever other country's site has it available, for example look at the Ireland site as it's in English.
Looks like another "cxxk-up" by Volvo UK Marketing..........just looking at the "ie" site makes me ask why cannot all Volvo country sites share the same basic design and just select/unselect any regional/country specifics.
I think you will be calling your dealer to query why such a cheap but useful option has disappeared into the www.
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 22:34   #100
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Yes I put a provisional order in last month on the understanding I can cancel if I don't like the test drive.
Your current XC60 seems to have similar spec to mine, apart from different trim.
I managed to get 19k for mine, they had to manipulate the invoice a bit, but the cost difference to change works out the same. Let's face it we would always like more, but my way of thinking is that the old XC60 part ex price will fall quicker now and possible diesels even quicker, although I'm sure there will always be a market for diesel cars especially AWD.
Mine will have about 27/28 k on the clock when the time comes, if the exchange was tomorrow I would have got 20k for it.
I'm reasonable happy, I've made the inevitable loss but then you know that's going to happen . I stand to make an even bigger lose on a new car, but again you just know it's going to happen.
Just as a matter of interest I've also taken out a 5 year service plan for £599 which I think is good value.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post: