Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone got new Volvo RTI 2014 MMM/P2001 Maps

Views : 56131

Replies : 213

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 6th, 2014, 23:25   #101
Shadeyman
VOC Member

There's just no pleasing some people ...
Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 00:18   #102
deeming77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeyman View Post
I've done this before, all I asked was for them to cover the cost of the double layer DVD and postage but when they couldn't get it to work they moaned, even asked me to refund the few pound it cost for the DVD and postage. So no(sorry), I'll not post any disc's ever again, but your more than welcome to pay me a visit and try one of the 4 duplicate disc's I have in the cupboard. If it works its yours for free ...
I would ben more than happy to do that mate, just I work in fire service and just had new baby so trying to get time is difficult at the min. I can understand why you won't though. Some people are so ungrateful, even for someone else to try make the disc is worth paying for me, as I have no clue in this area and would prob take me days of figuring out lol.
deeming77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 00:45   #103
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeming77 View Post
I would ben more than happy to do that mate, just I work in fire service and just had new baby so trying to get time is difficult at the min. I can understand why you won't though. Some people are so ungrateful, even for someone else to try make the disc is worth paying for me, as I have no clue in this area and would prob take me days of figuring out lol.
Ask a few friends, maybe one of them is familiar with BitTorrent ?
Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 00:23   #104
deeming77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeyman View Post
Ask a few friends, maybe one of them is familiar with BitTorrent ?
I've asked, no ones got a clue lol.
deeming77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 16:09   #105
tomoco
tomoco

Default on the scrounge

Hi , ive just bought a lovely T6 exec (about 2 months ago) with no issues at all. only thing I need to do to her is update the sat nav to 2014. Has anyone near Leicester got a (BACK UP) copy I can look after for them. I will donate some beer tokens of coarse.

Regards

Tomoco
tomoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 12:27   #106
rich1068
I've Been Banned

After reading this thread could someone clear something up for me?

As I understand it there are/were two nav systems fitted. One is purely DVD based ie disc is in the unit under the seat and remains in. Updates are a case of swapping the DVD. The other is partly HDD based ie no disc in the unit under the seat but an update is installed from a DVD and this must remain in the unit. If this is the case presumably update DVDs are different for each system? So for instance the 2014 DVDs that are the subject of this thread are no good for my 2014 system? My info screen shows this...

Am I anywhere near? Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick entirely?
rich1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 13:58   #107
A lex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
After reading this thread could someone clear something up for me?

As I understand it there are/were two nav systems fitted. One is purely DVD based ie disc is in the unit under the seat and remains in. Updates are a case of swapping the DVD. The other is partly HDD based ie no disc in the unit under the seat but an update is installed from a DVD and this must remain in the unit. If this is the case presumably update DVDs are different for each system? So for instance the 2014 DVDs that are the subject of this thread are no good for my 2014 system? My info screen shows this...

Am I anywhere near? Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick entirely?

There are two systems.... effectively pre and post facelift.

Pre-facelift (early) systems are purely DVD based, and certain DVDs carry certain maps.... if you need a different country from what is currently loaded, you have to swap DVDs. This is called the MMM or P2001 system.

Post-facelift (later cars, like yours and mine) have a small HDD installed in the car to carry the maps, plus a DVD drive. There is no need to swap DVDs to simply use different countries, its all installed in one go. IF you have never updated the maps then there is no need for a DVD to be in the drive. Once you have done any kind of update, then DISC1 of the 2x DVDs that come in the update package needs to be left in the DVD drive after install to allow it to function. This is called the MMM+ HDD system (if I am not mistaken).

There are updates released every year for the two types, they are NOT compatible with each other.

Volvo want around £180 for the HDD version update (from memory). I bought my update from GumTree for £20.

When searching for updates, you need to look for the HDD version.

If you would like a copy of the 2014 update, I can arrange that for you. It will cost you the price of the DVDs, postage and some patience! Let me know.

Last edited by A lex; Aug 9th, 2014 at 14:00.
A lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 18:42   #108
rich1068
I've Been Banned

Cheers for that A lex. I wan't too far off

And thanks for the offer of the '14 maps. Appreciated. I have signed up for the updates so I guess I'll get them in due course. It looks like I'm running 2013. I assume 2014 would be this? (Post #4)
rich1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 19:11   #109
A lex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Cheers for that A lex. I wan't too far off

And thanks for the offer of the '14 maps. Appreciated. I have signed up for the updates so I guess I'll get them in due course. It looks like I'm running 2013. I assume 2014 would be this? (Post #4)
Yes, that looks like it.

If you have signed up for the Volvo updates im not quite sure why you dont have them yet..... time to go and ask the dealer I think
A lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 22:38   #110
Chesney46

So A lex, by your information, my 2003 system is DVD only and to update I just need to put the latest available disc in the drive and viola, done.