Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New about a possible recall

Views : 10896

Replies : 127

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 10th, 2016, 14:56   #101
Marley Don

I just spoke to my local dealer who said there were 2 recalls, the one discussed on this thread relating to the possible faulty air con pipe connection (sorry I can't remember the exact description).

But they also said there was a recall for the fuel cap filler which was news to me? Car booked in to be picked up Friday.
Marley Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 15:32   #102
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley Don View Post
I just spoke to my local dealer who said there were 2 recalls, the one discussed on this thread relating to the possible faulty air con pipe connection (sorry I can't remember the exact description).

But they also said there was a recall for the fuel cap filler which was news to me? Car booked in to be picked up Friday.
That is a new one. I will ask them tomorrow when I take mine in.
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 15:44   #103
familymangreg
Premier Member

Here is the relevant detail taken from the recall letter I received. Scanned and OCR'd, so apologies for any misinterpreted words:

===========================
Volvos quality follow-up procedures have identified a potential safety concern with a number of Model Year 2016 and 2017 Volvo XC90s and Model Year 2017 S90/V90 models in relation to the air conditioning drain hose. We understand from our records, and the use of DVLA data where appropriate, that you are the current registered keeper of a vehicle with the registration detailed above. Therefore please read the information within this letter as it will explain the issue and provide full details on the action that you need to take.

What is the issue?

The air conditioning system's drain hose may not have been fully assembled. This could potentially allow condensation from the air conditioning system to enter the interior of the vehicle, instead of draining outside as intended. This could lead to air conditioning functionality issues.

In a worst case scenario, if the condensation is not detected inside the vehicle for a period of time, it is possible other electrical systems may berme affected together with warning messages being displayed in the driver's information module.

Volvo takes this situation very seriously and has worked with the appropriate authorities to launch an effective action as quickly as possible.

Once your vehicle is received by a Volvo dealer they will inspect and if necessary replace the air conditioning drain hose. Should any condensation be found inside your vehicle, or if you have experienced any electrical issues as a result, these will also be rectified.

:wq
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 20:04   #104
benjo132
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Here is the relevant detail taken from the recall letter I received. Scanned and OCR'd, so apologies for any misinterpreted words:

Volvos quality follow-up procedures have identified a potential safety concern with a number of Model Year 2016 and 2017 Volvo XC90s and Model Year 2017 S90/V90 models in relation to the air conditioning drain hose. We understand from our records, and the use of DVLA data where appropriate, that you are the current registered keeper of a vehicle with the registration detailed above. Therefore please read the information within this letter as it will explain the issue and provide full details on the action that you need to take.

What is the issue?

The air conditioning system's drain hose may not have been fully assembled. This could potentially allow condensation from the air conditioning system to enter the interior of the vehicle, instead of draining outside as intended. This could lead to air conditioning functionality issues.

In a worst case scenario, if the condensation is not detected inside the vehicle for a period of time, it is possible other electrical systems may berme affected together with warning messages being displayed in the driver's information module.

Volvo takes this situation very seriously and has worked with the appropriate authorities to launch an effective action as quickly as possible.

Once your vehicle is received by a Volvo dealer they will inspect and if necessary replace the air conditioning drain hose. Should any condensation be found inside your vehicle, or if you have experienced any electrical issues as a result, these will also be rectified.

Did you receive that in the mail today?
benjo132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 22:06   #105
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjo132 View Post
Did you receive that in the mail today?
Yes, came in the post today from my dealer.

Old Oct 10th, 2016, 23:09   #106
benjo132
I've Been Banned

Let's see if everyone gets these letters then in the next few days.
Old Oct 11th, 2016, 13:21   #107
neon
Premier Member

Car has been checked this morning and mine is not impacted.
Old Oct 11th, 2016, 20:24   #108
Osiris10

Smile air con recall

My first post - had occasion to take the XC90 back (had it since 26th June) 6.5k miles to dealer for first time, as sat nav has on 2 occasions been convinced I am in Lincolnshire, when I have not been or anywhere near! On both occasions telling it of and leaving it resulted in more obedient behaviour but thought I would get it checked out.
Outcome various system updates plus recall work, all sorted in under 2 hours and also had a lesson on how to connect to phone wi fi!

Love this forum, and helpful advice and information - really pleased with the XC90 (came from long line of BMW's last one being an X5), so in brand terms it was a bit of a leap of faith. So far one I am happy with, and in many ways the XC90 trumps the fact that BMW could not offer anything other than more of the same, and although a different feel (feel good and drive factor) its up there in my view.

Have noted the road noise and understand the subjective as well as the objective aspects of this issue, (some of the continental run flats on the BMW's drove me to desperation and complaint, though not the X5 which had pirellis and then dunlops , these were quieter). I am perhaps fortunate that the XC90 came with pirelli verde's and I have been surprised at the compliance of the air suspension and the 21" wheels in ride and noise terms. That said I do think the level of road noise could be better and more consistent, especially as everything else is so hushed.

Am averaging 44 mpg with a high of 48 and a low of 38 ish, most of my trips are motorway at a touch above the legal limit.

Finally although initially sceptical I have been totally won over by the adaptive cruise control, though it is not without some issues, which require some behavioural adjustments, (like remembering to brake when not following a car off the motorway).

So in terms of my journey into Volvodom so far so good and though I miss some aspects of the BMW dynamics/brand, the looks and overall ethos of the XC90 seem an ample compensation.
Osiris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Osiris10 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 12th, 2016, 11:47   #109
tem
Premier Member

My V90 is going through its PDI today and have been informed that there is no recall for AC issue.
It looks like cars built after the 20th September are not on the recall list.

tem.
Old Oct 17th, 2016, 23:35   #110
benjo132
I've Been Banned

Has anyone else had a letter in the post about this recall? I've not had anything yet.