Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Group remap?

Views : 17055

Replies : 209

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:17   #101
LJD
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
And thus proves your very limited knowledge regarding the proses of tuning modern Volvo's..
Ok..so you are saying that any company that claims certain Volvo ECU's need to be removed are lying ? Because some companies claim it is necessary

I need to know who is right and wrong.
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:25   #102
LJD
I've Been Banned

For most Volvo models we need to remove the ECU (onboard computer) to access and re-program the eprom inside. By connecting directly to the ecu we can safely back-up your original software and then load the upgrade.
////////////
a quote , one of many i have found in 2 mins saying the same thing

so...As i dont know and never have said i know , lets see if you can confirm .

?? If you are right then this means a lot of tuners are making false claims

If i am right, it proves a little knowledge and google can kill a Giant ..!
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:25   #103
d2k

by the looks of it pre 2000 (which we already know) cant be flashed, nor can some of the newer model 'ECUs' not volvo's, ECUs cant be mapped via OBD2 either....

maybe the D5s dont contain the offending 'locked' ECU..... so your D5 will still be fine through OBD2.

Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:29   #104
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD View Post
Ok..so you are saying that any company that claims certain Volvo ECU's need to be removed are lying ? Because some companies claim it is necessary

I need to know who is right and wrong.
The link you posted, under which section do you think refers to your Volvo??
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:35   #105
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

Quote:
For most Volvo models we need to remove the ECU (onboard computer) to access and re-program the eprom inside. By connecting directly to the ecu we can safely back-up your original software and then load the upgrade.
////////////
a quote , one of many i have found in 2 mins saying the same thing

so...As i dont know and never have said i know , lets see if you can confirm .

?? If you are right then this means a lot of tuners are making false claims

If i am right, it proves a little knowledge and google can kill a Giant ..!
i have spoken too countless tuners, now mine is a 99 model so first of the ME7 cars, yes you are correct a lot of tuners say they need to remove the ECU, however the ones who actually do the proper maps and know Volvos also know ME7 cars can be done thro the OBD2 port.
If i remember correctly when Volvo swapped from the Audi engine to their own diesel engine was also the point where you could tune it directly thro the OBD2 port, i am not 100% on this fact as i know bugger all about diesel engine management systems on the Volvo.
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:38   #106
LJD
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
The link you posted, under which section do you think refers to your Volvo??

trying not to think.. Trying to get answers . You said "modern " Volvos. so lets decide what is "modern" and what is "old"

the whole bloody thread is based on early (of the type )cars not some 2010 model and wanting cheap affordable maps etc

And along comes a load of people talking about £400-500 maps on cars that has cost most of us £2k roughly !!

the whole thread has got lost .
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:39   #107
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
i have spoken too countless tuners, now mine is a 99 model so first of the ME7 cars, yes you are correct a lot of tuners say they need to remove the ECU, however the ones who actually do the proper maps and know Volvos also know ME7 cars can be done thro the OBD2 port.
If i remember correctly when Volvo swapped from the Audi engine to their own diesel engine was also the point where you could tune it directly thro the OBD2 port, i am not 100% on this fact as i know bugger all about diesel engine management systems on the Volvo.

i am not 100% on this fact as i know bugger all about diesel engine management systems on the Volvo.[/QUOTE]

the the best statement i have read on this topic so far keep up the good work
The Following User Says Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:43   #108
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
i am not 100% on this fact as i know bugger all about diesel engine management systems on the Volvo.

the the best statement i have read on this topic so far keep up the good work[/QUOTE]

thanks Mike now bugger off for a pint your on holiday and leave me to it!!!!!!!!

only joking mate

Simon
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:44   #109
d2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
i am not 100% on this fact as i know bugger all about diesel engine management systems on the Volvo.

the the best statement i have read on this topic so far keep up the good work
lol..... that was cold.

& not helping...... anything else for us on the topic of remaps, outnumbered..?? what do you think about it all.
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 21:49   #110
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
trying not to think.. Trying to get answers . You said "modern " Volvos. so lets decide what is "modern" and what is "old"

the whole bloody thread is based on early (of the type )cars not some 2010 model and wanting cheap affordable maps etc

And along comes a load of people talking about £400-500 maps on cars that has cost most of us £2k roughly !!

the whole thread has got lost .
The link you posted makes reference to ODB Flashable 2000 onwards, would your car come into this category?If your answer is YES then you need to reread Dons comments made in post 39 " You install the software yourself using their unique Softloader device that acts as an interface between your car's OBD port and an XP or Windows 7 (32 bit) equipped laptop." Where he clearly states the use of the ODB port..
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote