Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

r reg s70r spares or repair £600

Views : 12554

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2011, 16:38   #101
Andy Northface
Where's that 18mm socket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvon View Post
but I'll take brutal honesty over lying c*nts any day of the week.
I agree.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 20:16   #102
Lmason
L Mason

yeah,,the truth often hurts and can be brutal...

but in my opinion, the truth always comes out in the end no matter how much you go around the houses.

anyway...back to the car.

it isnt perfect....vandal jeyed on both rear quarters..

needs a new carpet with holes worn onside drivers footwell

bank of switches most likely need replacing.

but hey guys...anyone with a volvo..or a car will accept these things are simple diy jobs. and not at all costly.

all the costly work has been done for the mot since i advertised it for £600.

i put it on here for £600 before having sepnt time and money on it to give someone else the opportunity to do the work themselves.

i know times are hard and some people would prefer to do the jobs bit at a time so it doesnt hit the pocket so much.

no one can say the opportunity was given,

i didnt know it needed rear axle outer bushes which are a pig to fit and costly too.

so in all fairness, i would of been better of cashwise if someone give me £600 before i did the work, and i havent even considered the 6 days work it too me to fit the parts. where i could of been out playing with my dogs on the field.

im glad the work is all done and not really looking forward to spending my spare time with grease in my hair and bleeding knuckes.

my advertised price is £1250 which i think is fair for the work done to it.

also considering rufe on here sold one for £1000 with a very short mot, most likely needing the same amount of wrok just for an mot.

and...before anyone says...no it isnt a dodgy mot...it failed and had to have the work done then retested.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 22:10   #103
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmason View Post
yeah,,the truth often hurts and can be brutal...

but in my opinion, the truth always comes out in the end no matter how much you go around the houses
I quote your above

Dear Lmason

One of your posts has been reported and I for one object strongly to your posting with suggestion and encouragement of one self harming.

There has been no response on it so one is led to believe that your comments are within guidelines.

My opinion is that said post made by you was despicable.The post was despicable although I am not suggesting you are as by your own admission you have certain problems/ issues and it may be the case you can be classed as not responsible for your actions. Yes you know what that entails..

Having due regard to your past it is understandable as to why you post what you do. Honesty is one thing tact is another. Any post I have made to you has been lighthearted. You see LMASON I actually understand you. You see LMASON we read from the same book in some instances , maybe just different pages.

Your suggestions in your posts are certainly an indication of how you may feel not anyone else and that about which you talk appears to be a self description and maybe a result of your having things taken away from you and you being removed from society , a system with which you are very angry . Maybe you view myself and others as “the system”

It is understandable that you now have independence and you wish to retain and protect this at all cost although it may be suggested that if you carry on making comments in life in general as you do this will not continue.

There is no intent for you to be frustrated so it is a shame if you feel this way.

Maybe you can print copies of your posts/threads and your responses and produce to your doctor (that you keep mentioning in here) and then that doctor can advise accordingly.

You may not like this although I refer you to your own quote above

Regards
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:00   #104
Lmason
L Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
I quote your above

Dear Lmason

One of your posts has been reported and I for one object strongly to your posting with suggestion and encouragement of one self harming.

There has been no response on it so one is led to believe that your comments are within guidelines.

My opinion is that said post made by you was despicable.The post was despicable although I am not suggesting you are as by your own admission you have certain problems/ issues and it may be the case you can be classed as not responsible for your actions. Yes you know what that entails..

Having due regard to your past it is understandable as to why you post what you do. Honesty is one thing tact is another. Any post I have made to you has been lighthearted. You see LMASON I actually understand you. You see LMASON we read from the same book in some instances , maybe just different pages.

Your suggestions in your posts are certainly an indication of how you may feel not anyone else and that about which you talk appears to be a self description and maybe a result of your having things taken away from you and you being removed from society , a system with which you are very angry . Maybe you view myself and others as “the system”

It is understandable that you now have independence and you wish to retain and protect this at all cost although it may be suggested that if you carry on making comments in life in general as you do this will not continue.

There is no intent for you to be frustrated so it is a shame if you feel this way.

Maybe you can print copies of your posts/threads and your responses and produce to your doctor (that you keep mentioning in here) and then that doctor can advise accordingly.

You may not like this although I refer you to your own quote above

Regards
i have confirmation letters that i am sane, do you ???
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:03   #105
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmason View Post
i have confirmation letters that i am sane, do you ???
Hi Lmason

Never needed them.LOL

Listen I am not against you and wish not to argue or discuss matters further.

All the best
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:11   #106
Lmason
L Mason

Quote:
Hi Lmason

Never needed them.LOL

Listen I am not against you and wish not to argue or discuss matters further.

All the best
you say youve never needed a letter to say your sane...

it is however, not an illness to have a low iq like yourself,
which is evident that you have if you do not understand the smallprint on your insurance or v5 document.

it is not a case of "abusing" the law what i explained about the new owner being legal to drive my car if their policy states they are entitled to.

it is mereley "using" your rights, not abusing them.

insurance companies are a business and out to make as much money as possible,, i am not on of these people who are affraid of threats by them or others...if someone is going to threaten you, may it be voilence, court attendance etc...so bit it...

i live by the rules of "dont say it" just do it !!
and im ready to defend your actions against me.
simples..

so for you to see the whole "tree" and not just a "branch"

take a step back and look at yourself and life around you as a whole.

i know what i can and cant do, without being told by anyone else, i work it out for myself.!
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:13   #107
volvorocks
Rodney

Have a nice day Lmason.
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:33   #108
Lmason
L Mason

Cool

regarding you long last thread, cant remember word for word...

i do not have a choice neither does anyone else "to go along with the system" you can hate it and make yourself miserable, or you can go with the flow and be happy....

i have been unhappy about the system in my life...and i got a letter from the dwp that i was "let down by the system"

so, if everyone, not just me, abided by the system rules and did their job, there would be no reason to be unhappy about the state system in place.

however in my case this was not so.

i am 44yrs, and consider myself retired for the rest of my life, after having my own business 12 years ago where i battled against the system.

i did not choose myself to be retired in the way i am so soon in my life, someone else in authority choose for me.

so there you have it, if i have an aggrievance with the system, it is an aggreivance on one hand about the people who have the authority and choose your fate, when my own personal opinioin differs from that of the person in authority.

however, since 2000 the millenium, human rights have been introduced in the mental health act, and it is less likely a repeat of my treatment "in the system" will happen again.

my doctor says i am well, it is me who says i am not well.

in the past my doctor has said "i have never been so ill in my life" when in fact ive felt on top of the world.

i have never lied to anyone about how i feel, but when i am honest and say i am ill, i am told that i am well. and vice versa.

it is only me, no matter how many degrees or how high an iq a person has, can tell if i am happy or not, no one else in the world really knows.

for example, there could be someone very high up in society with a good career and wage be far unhappier than someone who has no money, no company and no future.

have a think on that...
there has been a recent happening with a footballer who suicided this week, this is a fine example of what i am saying.

"why lie about how things are?"
you are only lying to yourself,

going back to my car....the guts of it are fine...

on the outside...like everything else needs treatment...

what doesnt.

neglect will only result in the guts of it deteriorating.

likewise, with a person, if you look after your diet etc and exercise moderately, you should be ok.

my car has been saved from being thrown out the system with the care and attention i have given to it, yes it has a few battle scars, so does everything else in its existence.

so you have a read of this, and absorb it, no doubt some day sooner or later in your life you will see what i have saw, this often happens, people been deluded by life all their lives and often people get too old and week to recover.

this is life...
The Following User Says Thank You to Lmason For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:35   #109
volvorocks
Rodney

Hi Lmason

Thanks for that.

You neednt explain although I see what you say.

Regards
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:43   #110
Lmason
L Mason

Cool

Quote:
Hi Lmason

Thanks for that.

You neednt explain although I see what you say.

Regards
you have a nice day too.

im off to do battle today
Closed Thread