Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Spotify update won’t install

Views : 9578

Replies : 117

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 29th, 2019, 16:07   #101
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
I'm not going to argue!! It's their issue not mine and until it's fixed my wife's purchase of an XC40 is on hold - they know that and if they can't fix it we'll go to one of the German marques
have you considered the fault might be spotify end , have you contacted them ?
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 16:24   #102
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
have you considered the fault might be spotify end , have you contacted them ?
Yes but if it was Spotify end it would affect everyone - they inevitably claimed it was a Volvo issue so round and round we go!

At the end of the day it's a Volvo implementation, it worked fine until Volvo applied an upgrade, and it is them that has the relationship with Spotify for the Sensus implementation

Last edited by weemark; Jul 29th, 2019 at 16:26.
weemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2019, 14:29   #103
weemark

Great....it worked before the update, nothing changed on my Spotify account and it doesn't work now but it's not Volvo's fault - I've pretty much had enough

We have heard back from Volvo technical regarding your Spotify issue. They are not aware of a problem we are having with the app and taking into account that the technicians phone/account was all working correctly it seam to be an issue with the Spotify account rather than the car itself. We advise it is worth following it up with Spotify themselves.
Old Aug 3rd, 2019, 15:30   #104
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scw View Post
Deleting the app doesn't fix it either. Spotify does show up in the list of apps which can be installed, but when tapped it fails to download in the same manner. Interestingly, tapping the down arrow for more details of the downloads show its size as "0 bytes".

Native Spotify was one of the things which helped sell this car to me, but Volvo have royally scr*wed up this update and, together with other niggles, my brand loyalty (17 years and 5 Volvos) is being eroded fast.

Has anyone else managed to install this Spotify update successfully?

Steve
You bought a car partly on the basis of an app!!!?? Simpler just to have it on a phone and plug in, in car technology is notorious for being about 5 yrs behind everything else!!

In this area VOLVO is no worse than anyone else!!
Old Aug 3rd, 2019, 16:57   #105
scw

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
You bought a car partly on the basis of an app!!!??
Uh, yes. Everyone has their preferences.

Steve
scw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 15:37   #106
gmk666

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
Nothing works to resolve this issue - am I the only one?
An update (sort of) for you, Weemark. Mine still doesn't work with my log in details, but works fine if I log in using my wife's account. I can log in to Spotify as me on my mac and iphone, so I fail to see how this anything other than a fault at Volvo's end.
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 16:43   #107
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmk666 View Post
An update (sort of) for you, Weemark. Mine still doesn't work with my log in details, but works fine if I log in using my wife's account. I can log in to Spotify as me on my mac and iphone, so I fail to see how this anything other than a fault at Volvo's end.
Cheers for that - precisely mirrors my situation (other than I'm Samsung phone rather than iPhone) - they spun me this line but completely failed to understand that I've spent 30 yrs working in IT so fully understand app integration - bottom line is if one thing changes and the system stops working then the fault lies with the bit that changed, in this case the update Volvo released.
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 16:58   #108
apnicolle

This might be a little left-field, but are yours and your wife’s passwords the same length and the same structure (ie do they both contain upper and lowercase letters and punctuation and numbers) ?

The reason I ask is that I found out that my eON electricity account website password had different requirements (5 characters minimum) than the eON iPhone app (6 characters minimum and no punctuation), so whilst the website worked fine the app just brought up a general log in failure message.

I know that eON isn’t Spotify, but the above has rather destroyed my faith in companies having consistency across platforms. Might work, who knows !
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2019, 16:26   #109
scuba0576
VOC Member

Hi Weemark
After not working for weeks, I decided to give it one last chance before trying the suggestion of creating another account and trying that.
Threatening it with one last chance ( a la Basil Fawlty) it worked this time.
I hope that they have done something as I too went through all the pain of going to the dealers and them logging a call on Volvo UK.
Never heard anything back from them, but like I said, it is now working.
Hope yours does too
Rob
Old Aug 12th, 2019, 22:21   #110
weemark

Thanks Scuba - not tried it for a week now so will give it a go again tomorrow in the hope that the software fairies have also fixed mine- cheers