Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 200hp exec...... you guys are in for a treat.

Views : 18387

Replies : 138

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 17:11   #111
drpepper

oops, not used the parking brake on mine since I got it!

Will rectify this and hve to spend a while educating the wife in the use of the bizarre foot applied system, surely it's time for an electronic park brake on the XC90.......
drpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 12:41   #112
FarringdonEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 262coupe View Post
Mine is brand new 200hp and I don`t have any whining noise.
Just picked mine up this morning. Had a squeaky whiny noise almost immediately but it disappeared after 500 metres or so and hasn't returned. Otherwise love the car and am already looking forward to the weekend!
FarringdonEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 12:50   #113
moncman

Anyone tried milking their dealer for the latest service pack offer? I raised a seperate thread on the deal - £300 for 3 years but apparently only on orders from 1 Jan 11.

The price difference over regular servicing is actually better than the 2.1% VAT increase! So much for rushing the purchase through before the end of the year.
moncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 12:51   #114
FarringdonEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrixy View Post
Sounds and looks good. So the specification sheet that shows 0-60 in 9.7secs for the 200PS, versus 11.1secs for the 185 auto is correct. Now we need a comparison between the new 200PS and a Polestar uprated 185PS if anyone gets to drive both.
Had a loan XC90 with Polestar for the last couple of weeks while waiting for my new car to arrive.

My new 200Bhp XC90 feels very little different from the Polestar-chipped 185 although of course as it's brand new I am driving it carefully. In fact it feels more eager at pull-away than the Polestar car. Once it's run in a bit more I will see what it's like under stronger acceleration and let you guys know.

I have also noticed that the "D5" on the back of the car is much bigger than it is on the 185Bhp cars. Anyone else noticed this?
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 19:55   #115
262coupe

Not noticed the badge no but the 200 feels MUCH more gutsy than the two 185s I test-drove. Mine has done 1500 miles now and is a little looser. It feels like the engine this car has needed from the start though if a little gruff.
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 22:17   #116
drpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncman View Post
Anyone tried milking their dealer for the latest service pack offer? I raised a seperate thread on the deal - £300 for 3 years but apparently only on orders from 1 Jan 11.

The price difference over regular servicing is actually better than the 2.1% VAT increase! So much for rushing the purchase through before the end of the year.
I'll have a go when mine goes in for the trim swap, also I'll get the broker to see, I reckon dealer owes me a good will gesture or two......
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 21:19   #117
FarringdonEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarringdonEd View Post
Just picked mine up this morning. Had a squeaky whiny noise almost immediately but it disappeared after 500 metres or so and hasn't returned. Otherwise love the car and am already looking forward to the weekend!
Bumping this thread - I took my new XC90 on its longest run so far (2 x 13 miles!) today and the squeaky noise which sounds like it's coming from the front wheels / steering is still happening when travelling slowly.

For the rest of you who have experienced this, has it gone away or is it still happening? My car still has fewer than 100 miles on the clock...
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 13:10   #118
drpepper

Quote:
Bumping this thread - I took my new XC90 on its longest run so far (2 x 13 miles!) today and the squeaky noise which sounds like it's coming from the front wheels / steering is still happening when travelling slowly.

For the rest of you who have experienced this, has it gone away or is it still happening? My car still has fewer than 100 miles on the clock...
700 miles ish now and i think, touch wood, it's gone. Will have a rive later with stereo of and see.
The Following User Says Thank You to drpepper For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 13:15   #119
reggie59

Quote:

Have not heard the noise for a good month now... So it took about 13,000mi to go!
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reggie59 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 12:47   #120
moncman

Quote:

Coming up for 2 months old now and 1,500 miles on the clock and the noise is still occasionally there. Mostly if I've not driven it for a few days and again mostly if slowing down from about 10-15 mph once the gearbox has coasted into "neutral". Still sound like a dry rubbing noise but the frequency doesn't seem to correspond the the rotation of the wheels (the groaning is slower than the wheels)
moncman is offline   Reply With Quote