Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 - MY14 Bumper sill protection

Views : 21993

Replies : 156

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 16th, 2015, 16:11   #111
swishtony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliTV View Post
Quick Follow up - had the part fitted today and its looks great with the Saville Grey. £73.80 fitted. Well worth it and the old part is ready to be replaced when I sell the car.

Many thanks to everyone that helped!
No worries! Looks great on the silver as well, actually looks to me like it should have been there in the first place. Find it odd that it got replaced by a painted panel exactly where most wear and tear is likely to occur.
Old Apr 16th, 2015, 18:35   #112
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Could you post a photo or the part number ?
From Oct 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitbyfuji View Post
I much prefer the full replacement Volvo part number 30764525 which is fitted in place of the body coloured top insert which comes as standard.
It is literally a 5 minute easy job to fit and covers the whole of the bumper top which the one they offer now ( black and clear plastic job) does not and is not held in place by strips of double sided as is the silver aluminium one from E Bay.
Does the job, perfect fit and easy to remove (to replace the original painted item which has been stored and still in pristine condition) as and when you might wish.
All that sticky tape has potential to make a proper mess should you want it back off!!
If anyone is not clear this is not a cover it is an integral part of the bumper and made to fit in same fixings as the body coloured item.

You takes your pick but my preference would always be the genuine part at about the same money as E Bay alternatives.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fellwalker For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 16th, 2015, 21:03   #113
HeliTV

Smile

Here's some images to help.

The one on the car shows the new part installed and the removed part in the boot. There are a couple of shots showing the mounting clips, and the sticker from the packaging showing the part number.

Looks like an easy fit but the dealer only charged £10 so not worth risking breaking it for me!

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img1.jpg (234.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg img2.jpg (221.0 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg img3.jpg (126.5 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg img4.jpg (367.7 KB, 114 views)
HeliTV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HeliTV For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2015, 09:19   #114
davidjpowell

All of my concern about my bumper - turned out to be concerned about the wrong bit.

davidjpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2015, 08:54   #115
ashadam

[QUOTE=davidjpowell;1896115]All of my concern about my bumper - turned out to be concerned about the wrong bit.

Sorry to see that what happened?
Old Apr 18th, 2015, 09:42   #116
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjpowell View Post
All of my concern about my bumper - turned out to be concerned about the wrong bit.

Ouch! Not nice.
Old Apr 18th, 2015, 11:42   #117
davidjpowell

Reversed into immovable object, sticking into my parking space. Parking beeps came and went rather quickly.

Have been told it can be smart repaired..... booked in for Monday/
Old Apr 19th, 2015, 07:42   #118
Pitvar

I did very similar damage on a mondeo [first time I've hit anything ever from memory] same scenario and after finding a smart repair from a vandal scratch on a silver car wasn't a good colour match I used a local spray shop who did a fantastic job for £120 inc VAT.
Pitvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 19:24   #119
davidjpowell

All sorted...

The Following User Says Thank You to davidjpowell For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:47   #120
Ljs399

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjpowell View Post
All sorted...

Hi, your protection strip looks to be exactly what I'm after, can you tell me where it can be purchased please?
Ljs399 is offline   Reply With Quote