Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 New Sensus software V3

Views : 44935

Replies : 216

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 19th, 2012, 19:31   #111
XCeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
By the way the volume thing is a deliberate "feature" of V3.
A feature? As in Volvo saying to us: YOU WILL START YOUR RADIO AT ONE THIRD VOLUME WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT...

Why? Because they can? Interference too far, I say - bl**dy cheek.

(I wonder if it is also a feature that my radio always defaults to FM1 at start up, instead of the DAB I left it on!!??)
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 19:48   #112
Ransman
Master Member

My V3 is working fine as well.
Ransman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 20:28   #113
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCeed View Post
A feature? As in Volvo saying to us: YOU WILL START YOUR RADIO AT ONE THIRD VOLUME WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT...

(I wonder if it is also a feature that my radio always defaults to FM1 at start up, instead of the DAB I left it on!!??)
most likely just reverts to default setting because they don't record the settings you left it on. rather that than we knew what you had it on, but we're going to turn it up, switch it over anyway. amounts to the same thing though... a frustrated driver!
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 22:13   #114
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:

No idea why they have changed it , see my post #71
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 21:28   #115
gt23

Think I had the upgrade today!

Noticed the seatbelt alarm goes every second when the engine is running whether handbrake on or not. That was new from yesterday!
gt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 13:32   #116
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Default No Radio Volume issue after Sensun V3 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Same here, mine is fine. By the way the volume thing is a deliberate "feature" of V3.
Interesting - after my recent Sensus V3 upgrade last month I thought i would test out this reported Radio Volume "problem".
Guess what - no matter what level I leave the radio volume at when I switch off/lock the car it always RETURNS to that SAME level when I restart, even when left overnight. Strange that some owners are reporting this issue after the upgrade!
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 19:53   #117
XCeed

My car is due for its first service this month and it raises the question as to whether I should ask them to instal the Sensus upgrade which has been the subject of so much discussion here. Earlier threads referred to dealers being told to stop doing the update because of problems. Does anyone know if these issues are now resolved and whether the Sensus instals without problems?
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 20:29   #118
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
My car is due for its first service this month and it raises the question as to whether I should ask them to instal the Sensus upgrade which has been the subject of so much discussion here. Earlier threads referred to dealers being told to stop doing the update because of problems. Does anyone know if these issues are now resolved and whether the Sensus instals without problems?
No problems since my was upgraded in June. Go for it, gives many new features & stability of core system.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 21:55   #119
Crockers
Premier Member

Mine was upgraded at it's service. No problems.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 20:44   #120
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Looks like updates are now back on track just had mine done today . Am trying to work out what has changed apart from trip stats . Noticed I can now cancel quideance from menu instead of by voice and a few other menu items have changed but not had time to have a proper look.