Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2014 XC60 Official Answer.... finally

Views : 29379

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 17th, 2013, 15:54   #121
acb5

I made changes to my order about 4 weeks before it was produced. I made constant small changes and there were no issues for the dealer. In fact the dealer warned me a few days before his system said the order was frozen so they see when the final date is.
acb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 16:51   #122
Flux
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
I suggest that you create an account on MyVolvo and track the progress on your order - they are delivering MUCH faster at the moment than they have done heretofore and consequently you may find that you are locked already for factory options.

Officially they say you have 1 week after the order is entered by the dealer onto the ordering system.

It does however also depend on the change you want to make since there are dealer fit options that can be undertaken late in the cycle, anything that is factory installed is locked early in the process.

Hi wimorrison - how do you follow your order on my volvo? - have not been advised of this and what do you need given my dealer hasn't provided me with an order number or, if fact, clarified the order in writing!

Perhaps you can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Flux.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 17:01   #123
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman2844 View Post
Arianne,

Interested that you were able to make changes to your order. My XC60 is due to late Feb/early March delivery. How long before delivery can you still make changes to the spec?
Well we ordered back on 28 November & received an order confirmation form and number.

But I was told that it was destined for a mid-Feb delivery. We didn't want that (the last of the '63' plates) and so we told the dealer we would register and collect it at the start of March (14 plate).

When we called the dealer on Saturday (14 December) they said that the changes could still be made if we emailed them. We sent the email and we've received an acknowledgement from our sales advisor.

Maybe they delayed submitting the order because we said we didn't want the car until early March? Certainly, when I enter the order number into MyVolvo it doesn't recognise the order number. Hmm.

The Administrator at the dealership had a day off on Monday and the Sales Advisor said in his email that we'd hear back from her today or tomorrow (nothing today).

So, whilst I'm not 100% sure that the revision will be possible the Sales Advisor said it looked like it from his computer. The Administrator will give me the 100% assurance. And I've asked her about the order number too.

That's all I can tell you right now. Hope this helps?

As an aside, saw the newspaper adverts for the AWD D4 XC60 at 181bhp. This must be very, very confusing for buyers since they may believe they're getting the new VEA i-ART D4 engine but they're not - it's the old 5cyl one. Why Volvo have decided to give both engines the D4 badge is beyond me but it's going to cause some unhappiness when potential customers realise that their mpg and road tax / BiK tax isn't as low as they had perhaps expected? Of course, some owners have no idea and, in this situation, ignorance will be bliss!
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 17:23   #124
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
As an aside, saw the newspaper adverts for the AWD D4 XC60 at 181bhp. This must be very, very confusing for buyers since they may believe they're getting the new VEA i-ART D4 engine but they're not - it's the old 5cyl one. Why Volvo have decided to give both engines the D4 badge is beyond me but it's going to cause some unhappiness when potential customers realise that their mpg and road tax / BiK tax isn't as low as they had perhaps expected? Of course, some owners have no idea and, in this situation, ignorance will be bliss!
Thats because the No part of the D"x" refers to the power band that the engine produces rather than the No of Cylinders. That is why the D3 is in the lower power band but does NOT have only 3 cylinders............
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 18:04   #125
spaceman2844

Arianne, thanks for your reply. We ordered ours at the beginning of November so probably too late to change anything. Was thinking of adding in front park assist and changing the alloys but I think I'll just save the money for a towbar in the future. Problem is the more you think about it, the more you can add options, I'm already over budget!

I agree about the confusion with the engines. It was the specs of the new 181 VEA engine with the 8 speed geartronic that sold the car to me. It's all quite confusing, even with the brochure, and when I was looking at used XC60s earlier in the year it was even more confusing again!
spaceman2844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 19:56   #126
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Hi wimorrison - how do you follow your order on my volvo? - have not been advised of this and what do you need given my dealer hasn't provided me with an order number or, if fact, clarified the order in writing!

Perhaps you can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Flux.
If you register with my Volvo then you will get a page where you can enter the Order number of your car and that will then pull the status of your order.

You will see when it in build which means that you can't make any changes, when it in delivery, thus allowing you to see when it will be at the dealer. It is on the myVolvo site where it says that you normally have 1 week between the Oder being placed and the window closing for changes.

I guess the work on the principle that most people want the car ASAP rather than delaying and once on the system as an order it is programmed into the production line and once programmed, you are getting what was programmed

You can also download manuals, etc for the car you have ordered and any other Volvos that you have registered.

Hope this helps

Iain

Edit - you get the order number from the dealer, call him and he should give you it.

Last edited by wimorrison; Dec 17th, 2013 at 19:59.
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 21:55   #127
Flux
Premier Member

Thanks for info Iain.

Probably being a bit dumb here but where is 'My Volvo'? I go to Volvo UK website and see (at the top of the screen) a link to 'My Volvo'. When I open up it states that 'My Volvo' is coming soon but doesn't give me chance or the option to register. Is this the correct part of the website or am I missing something?

Would have really appreciated it if my dealership had provided me with this info. No order confirmation (other than a sheet with basic details on it), no order number (although I know it has been ordered as I phoned Volvo UK and they confirmed this).

Who would ordinarily spends just north of £38,000 (less the discount) and not get a proper typed-out confirmation of what they are buying!
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 21:58   #128
Arianne
Premier Member

Try this....

http://login.my.volvocars.com/uk/Pag...fault%252Easpx
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 22:11   #129
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post

Who would ordinarily spends just north of £38,000 (less the discount) and not get a proper typed-out confirmation of what they are buying!
Clearly I can't answer for your dealer but I can say that my dealer, Ian Hunt, Squire Furneaux, Guildford has always provided me with copious amounts of paperwork including duplicates of all orders that I have placed. I assumed that all dealers provided this to clients - after-all spending north of a large sum should expect proper documentation and excellent service, which is what I have had always.

I would certainly be reminding the dealer who pays his wages and what it is that you, as the customer, consider his obligations are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 22:16   #130
Flux
Premier Member

Thanks Arianne.

It's amazing what useful info you can get from fellow forum members!

It is unlikely I would ever have found out about this and doubt my dealer would have told me either (liker order number being one example) The new XC60 on order will be my third Volvo and it appears I know nothing about any of the ancillary services they offer (apart from the ones that cost you money!).

Thanks again.

Flux.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flux For This Useful Post: