Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delayed

Views : 19745

Replies : 178

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 18:20   #121
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
Sat in an S 60 this week and much prefer the XC60 with the Pod thank you.

Me too. The screen is nice but I'm not so sure of the button layout.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 18:55   #122
Daleman
Master Member

I cannot see the Pod missing and dashboard mods altering the value of a 20111/2 model XC60 anything near as much as the actual model change for 2011 being the D3 engine or improved BHP D5 engine plus major spec mods. I would think the September half year registration number change would have more effect on the price than the pod missing.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 19:54   #123
Wildoskar

I dont actualy mind the pod but the integratioon offered with the new dash (S60 syle) goes far deeper than pure looks. I supose the benifit of the new style dash realy comes into its own with higher speced models as from my understanding the Satnav is now far more integrated, the current could never be called best in class. In addtion I belive that the adaptive cruise control has been updated to offer queue assist working down to 0KPH rather than cutting out at about 30KM and that the the auto brake is now full with the pedestrian detect featue.

Although I have not seen it in opperation, I also understand that the audio and telphony integartion (IPOD etc) is far better than before.

I have a friend who is a fleet manager and in his opinion the satnav / car integration of the current XC60 has been a major concern for a number of his cleints as its way behind the german rivals: the new system looks like it has made up a lot of ground.

I supsect the new dash will allow Volvo to increase pricies further on the XC60, I supose we will have to see what happens with used prices over the coming year.
Wildoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 21:24   #124
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildoskar View Post
I dont actualy mind the pod but the integratioon offered with the new dash (S60 syle) goes far deeper than pure looks. I supose the benifit of the new style dash realy comes into its own with higher speced models as from my understanding the Satnav is now far more integrated, the current could never be called best in class. In addtion I belive that the adaptive cruise control has been updated to offer queue assist working down to 0KPH rather than cutting out at about 30KM and that the the auto brake is now full with the pedestrian detect featue.

Although I have not seen it in opperation, I also understand that the audio and telphony integartion (IPOD etc) is far better than before.

I have a friend who is a fleet manager and in his opinion the satnav / car integration of the current XC60 has been a major concern for a number of his cleints as its way behind the german rivals: the new system looks like it has made up a lot of ground.

I supsect the new dash will allow Volvo to increase pricies further on the XC60, I supose we will have to see what happens with used prices over the coming year.
Interesting comments on the satnav as I also was of the opinion that I had seen better before however after using it I now realise that what I was had before was not better, just different - in fact there are some aspects of the Volvo/Navteq version on the XC60 that is superior to all the others I have tried - the nipple on the wheel being one and the integration with the car is complete

I cannot imagine how you can get better telephone integration as the sound quality is excellent and the navigation via the keypad or wheel couldn't be made anymore efficient

I do agree that the iPod navigation could be improved though
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 18:15   #125
Teejay1
Master Member

Further delays, I've been told that mine will not be here until 8th October this year I hope

Does anyone have the PDF version of the '59 plate XC60 brochure?

Last edited by Teejay1; Aug 23rd, 2010 at 18:18. Reason: added request
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 22:31   #126
XC60KEV
Master Member

Sorry to hear that Teejay. Has the dealer provided rationale for the further delay?
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 17:11   #127
ladywotlunches

Teejay - that really is rubbish, and getting beyond a joke. I hope they are giving you a loan car for the duration???

I actually saw my dealer today. He showed me the print out that shows my car has a Chassis number (which means it is built) and is showing delivery to showroom now on 1st September. So my 1st September pick up is slipping a couple of days by the looks of it, but nowhere near what you've just been told. I think we've specced pretty much the same car, and ordered about the same time, so what are they saying has happened???
ladywotlunches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 21:36   #128
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywotlunches View Post
Teejay - that really is rubbish, and getting beyond a joke. I hope they are giving you a loan car for the duration???

I actually saw my dealer today. He showed me the print out that shows my car has a Chassis number (which means it is built) and is showing delivery to showroom now on 1st September. So my 1st September pick up is slipping a couple of days by the looks of it, but nowhere near what you've just been told. I think we've specced pretty much the same car, and ordered about the same time, so what are they saying has happened???
PM sent

Woo hoo I pleased for you. You must get some pictures posted.

Last edited by Teejay1; Aug 24th, 2010 at 21:43.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 21:42   #129
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj5cott View Post
Sorry to hear that Teejay. Has the dealer provided rationale for the further delay?
Demand and production line schedules, what can the dealer do about that, nothing I would suggest.

We'll just have to be even more patient, the date may still change either for or aft not sure yet.
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 06:53   #130
XC60KEV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
Demand and production line schedules, what can the dealer do about that, nothing I would suggest.

We'll just have to be even more patient, the date may still change either for or aft not sure yet.
Sounds like it is outwith dealers hands although dealers should really know what is happening on the production line and consquence of delays to manage your and other customers expectations.

I'm sure it will be worth it though when it she arrives.