Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 Block from SW Autos

Views : 39646

Replies : 425

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 23:59   #141
Nuisance
VOC Member

Another classic SW auto's Bodge.......

Did they really think they could get away with it...

I Now have a VERY VERY serious problem on my car Thanks to SW autos.

So bad that if i was to be stopped by VOSA I would end up with the car off the road.

When I got my fuel pump uprated, they took 5 hours to fit it.

On the way home I noticed that the fuel gague wasn't working above half way, and when I got home I could smell fuel.

I called SW and took the car back.

Stuart had caused some issue with the sender, and said there was a small leak on the pump side.

I told him that it was dripping from the passenger side, but he insisted that it must be running accross the top of the tank.

Fixed I returned home... To find a stink of fuel again.

This time I examined it and found the leak was definately on the passenger side.

I returned to SW to have this resolved.

This time it was supposed to be sealed with some sticky glue.

Guess what... It still leaks.

Now this is 3 days off work, and 3 journeys to kent, A total cost to me of £750 in lost work and traveling. So no more returns.

What have I found.. Well It's still leaking, but the sender is glued in, and the collar is stripped.

All in all My fuel tank is ruined, and not repairable. I now have to find another tank.

The car is a fire hazard, and cannot be safely fueled above half way.

Here is a video of the leak.

(internal body panel removed)

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCF0980.flv

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:01   #142
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyaap View Post
Well, as far as I know, we're still waiting for you to answer that question and its at least the 3rd time I'm asking you now.....
I do remeber you asking the question.

can you just clarify again when you asked sw's for the parts to be made ready?
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:03   #143
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyaap View Post
I know exactly how you feel. The engine which SW 'built' for me failed prematurely and is now sitting on the floor of my Volvo dealership as a demonstration / example of how not to build an engine (some of the folk who came for the MRG meet were shown it). And just so we can be clear, everything I will post can be backed up by technical staff at the dealership; they were truly appalled at the poor workmanship. Details on this will be posted in a separate thread soon, but this is the sort of thing to expect - this was the turbo return pipe fitted by SW Autos - any guesses what happened to the turbo???...well all will be revealed soon.

Maybe that part should have been used in conjunction with using 95RON only and all would have been well.

cheers
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:05   #144
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD.7 View Post
stuart said bobcat only did the soldering , mind you stuart told me he wrote the VOL-FCR software ( also bull ).
Erm, I think Chris Rodgers on this forum will be very interested to hear that comment about VOL-FCR.....why not send him a PM with a link?

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:05   #145
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
Im still here ben.

just enjoying some of your detective work.

so what do you think has happened to the engine now?

a few big lads? t4 blocks arnt that heavy or did you have something else in mind?
Pardon?
That is your response to a number of quite bad complaints of the service and treatment of customers?
And you a representative of said company?
You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Do please excuse me for intruding on this topic, but after the VT debate this following very closely on its heels is mind numbing.
As I stated in the other debate, Customer Service is all. Blow that and you blow your companies reputation.

So, add another to the list of "barge pole tuners" then..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:06   #146
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Im still here ben.

a few big lads? t4 blocks arnt that heavy or did you have something else in mind?
A few big lads? Given your attitude so far bobcat, I'd be attending with a few big lads to ensure my health and safety. However, It's not my engine, as with Ross's comments, I was hypothesising what I would have done had it been my engine, and quite frankly I'd have been collecting it come hell or high water.

I'd already stated, those big lads would have been attending with some nice plods in tow, so don't start making it into something else to try and divert attention.

I've just been enjoying looking at some cowboy work, clearly you think it's ok as you've ignored it...

As for where the engine might have gone, I've no idea Matt, I wish I did because you have admitted you have no idea and quite frankly also that you don't really give a t*ss about where it has gone.

You really are the representative of a pile of steaming horse manure, I had more respect for Stewart than this, however that's just disappeared.

Quite frankly your entire approach to this stinks, and who can blame anyone for thinking the engine has disappeared. Given your abject failure to answer very simple questions, or just resolve the issue, it's hardly a reach to suspect that something untoward has happened.

Let alone Stuarts complete and outright lie on the subject of Joules's exhaust, I was there, so clearly he's also calling me a liar.

As Pyapp said, answer the bl**dy question, as per the rules for Commercial Posters, because that's clearly what you are!

I think you'll find the Gloves are well and truly off Matt, and you have nobody to blame other than yourselves, your bad attitude, your sh**ty work and the small matter of a mysterious missing T4 engine.

I saw the engine at MRG, and I spoke to the guys about the engine... they were not particularly polite about the person(s) who had done the work (if you could call it work)

S*d more clever politician like non-answers Matt, just tell everyone where the engine is and when he can collect it.

I could have said much more, but I don't think VOC would appreciate what I would REALLY like to say to you.

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:07   #147
spangoolies
Better Than Premier!

Nuisance,
thats a disgrace, in fact thats worse, who ever let the car out of the so-called garage in that state should be arrested.

Last edited by spangoolies; Nov 23rd, 2007 at 00:12.
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:12   #148
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
I do remeber you asking the question.

can you just clarify again when you asked sw's for the parts to be made ready?
that explains why 4 months later,... engine still in the loft somewhere. "storage".

Thats a 'top-quality service',.. opps answer I meant.
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:13   #149
Ross9
Master Member

Quote:
Im still here ben.

exactly. their not heavy, nor hard to find, so stop dodging the question.

You really are a ****ing pussy by the way Matt., I've sen more character in a lower case primary school lesson, fact is your a pawn used by stuart to constantly dodge and eeflect any issues that occur through his **** poor workmanship and you seem to take pride in this position. I wont apologise for my grammar and spelling as tbh you dont deserve the time to writ e a coherent sentence, you don't care what i say , nor anyone else because your a coward who is hiding behind someones wings
get a spine, a set of testicles and some actual knowledge an then perhaps you can resurect some sort of respect in place of the scornb poured on your abysmal actions so far.
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 00:14   #150
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
that explains why 4 months later,... engine still in the loft somewhere. "storage".

Thats a 'top-quality service',.. opps answer I meant.
Thats why I want to be sure about the date of when ashok asked for the parts to be ready - there is a genuine reason why im asking this.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
Closed Thread