Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon Estate Rolling Project

Views : 70748

Replies : 599

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 21st, 2011, 21:46   #141
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
She really is looking great Mitch. Sorry I have forgotten about your door spacers. Will get the wife to remind me cos she remembers everything!
Did a tank to tank check on the Amazon last week after 3 days of running to work - a round trip of 56 miles plus a couple of other reasonable runs. She returned 33.33 mpg. Very pleased with that.
Thanks Bob, the finishing off of the little jobs is dragging a bit. I was thrilled when the car started, pretty much first go too.

33.33mpg is certainly good going.

Cheers,

Mitch
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 22:26   #142
Jackman

Wow that looks amazing, i love the wheels! Hope mine looks half as good as yours when its done.
Jackman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackman For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 22:18   #143
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1971 View Post
Thanks Bob, the finishing off of the little jobs is dragging a bit. I was thrilled when the car started, pretty much first go too.

33.33mpg is certainly good going.

Cheers,

Mitch
Spacers wrapped and should be posted Tuesday.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dibble For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 08:28   #144
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Nearly done. Fired her up on the edis last night, I just need to get the megajolt finished and couple more things this weekend and hopefully an MOT next week...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amazon for exporting 030.jpg (176.7 KB, 59 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 09:35   #145
222s
Amazoniste

Looking good!!! Apologies if you've already mentioned this, but is it at normal ride height, or have you lowered it?

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 222s For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 09:43   #146
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222s View Post
Looking good!!! Apologies if you've already mentioned this, but is it at normal ride height, or have you lowered it?

Thanks Paul,

The previous owner lowered it but the rear sits too low compared to the front and is really soft. I bought a set of heavy duty springs for the rear which I'm going to cut to raise the rear but still lower than original probably and the new springs should be much better for carrying things and will make the car more usable.

We got the old indicator switch working last night. The wires were in the wrong sockets so all sorted. Thanks for digging out your spare one but the one I've got is working so I won't be needing another.

Cheers,

Mitch
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 12:31   #147
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

Interesting mirrors? I also note the pic of Stumpf's car on the side window.........

A final report on your bumper fitting would be interesting. Mine took 8 hours, most of that on the rears due to having a tow bar. Had to walk round the car with a torch, picking up my tools! The rear is due to come off again to tweak the alignment. I had to use 3 spreader plates behind each over rider with a longer bolt to make them clear the rear panel and still need another on one side to equalise the gap. Unfortunately I've had to remove the electrics plug and bend the mounting plate out of the way to clear the bumper. That will have to be ground off and an alternate mount sorted. It all looks good but the fitting kit lacks the spreader plates and the dome size of the bolts is smaller than original. Front over rider shape is also wrong and they don't appear to be handed. (Note that my set is about 3 years old and may not be representative of the current kit.)
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 12:35   #148
pez
VOC Member

looking superb mitch!
pez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pez For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 14:47   #149
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
The previous owner lowered it but the rear sits too low compared to the front and is really soft. I bought a set of heavy duty springs for the rear which I'm going to cut to raise the rear but still lower than original probably and the new springs should be much better for carrying things and will make the car more usable.
With the heavy duty rear springs, the ride can be quite harsh when unladen, especially over speed bumps & even at very low speeds.

Quote:
We got the old indicator switch working last night. The wires were in the wrong sockets so all sorted. Thanks for digging out your spare one but the one I've got is working so I won't be needing another.
Glad to hear it's all sorted!

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 222s For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 14:57   #150
Amazonjulian
Master Member

This estate is looking wonderful. Looking at your car and Pez's and Gilberry's I'm starting to hanker after one too. Its how I persuade my wife that we need two Amazons and that the V70 has to go!
Amazonjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonjulian For This Useful Post: