Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I've been banned from my Volvo dealership!

Views : 36926

Replies : 222

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 30th, 2007, 20:43   #141
Nunchukhamster
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H and D View Post
I suspect perhaps wrongly that it's "Kings" Parent Company Snows Motor Group that closed the Volvo franchise on the Isle of Wight & the satelite at Newtown/Poole!
Forgot to mention, there is a decent Volvo independent in Southampton that I use, South Hants Garage Services. All genuine parts etc, but much lower labour rates. Volvo trained technicians, with full plug in diagnostics etc.
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 20:49   #142
Paul H and D
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunchukhamster View Post
Forgot to mention, there is a decent Volvo independent in Southampton that I use, South Hants Garage Services. All genuine parts etc, but much lower labour rates. Volvo trained technicians, with full plug in diagnostics etc.
I know but it even further from Dorchester!
Paul H and D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 17:10   #143
Chris_C
Gopher

Have to praise Kings Southampton again today.

I needed a clutch cover plate and a few other bits, which they ordered for my whilst I was at uni in Soton. It came in whilst I was back to the Isle of Wight, about the same time I realised I'd forgot to order a sump gasket, and they put it all on the ferry's parcel service for me, which I picked up today. Really well packaged, and with printed notes all over the packaging with useful bits such as "Gasket under this sheet of cardboard to protect" etc. Can't ask for more helpful than that, not to mention the fact that the parts I needed were from a collection of vehicles as I'm putting a bit of a hybred together!
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 17:29   #144
mjcourtney
VOC Member

agreed, Kings Southampton have been excellent in all areas since I've been using them. They'll even chip in with 50% of the ferry costs to get the car over from the Isle of Wight
mjcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 17:51   #145
JIM C
Forum Support Team

I use Strathmore Motors in Perth and Barnetts in Dundee and have always provided good customer care. No complaints.
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 22:14   #146
SeekingV70

Having just wasted a whole afternoon on a trip to Tollbar Warwick , this thread is interesting. This is certainly one dealer/group that won't be getting my custom!

I arranged the visit on the phone before hand, so was it because I had the audacity to arrive by train? The fact I don't have a car at the moment should surely indicate that a) I kind of need one and b) I don't have a scruffy part-exchange to offload onto them!

Or maybe it was because I made a low offer on a clearly over-priced V50 at TMS Coventy (same group) and this had been messaged on some internal grapevine? For what it's worth, I notice that particular car is still unsold 2months later despite the keen interest of a mystery "gentleman from Kent" who was "driving up specially".

Either way, "Ed" had prejudicially decided something - and wouldn't even let me have a test drive unless I made some sort of verbal commitment to buy! Who the flip is he kidding?!
SeekingV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 23:36   #147
Profpriv
I've Been Banned

Beats me why they have to have the parts department in the Showroom anyway??

A couple of years ago I visited Doves to buy an oil filter.I was shown the waiting area with clean chairs and offered a coffee.

All I wanted was a B*****y oil filter.Needless to say, I havent been there since.!
Profpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 23:47   #148
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profpriv View Post
Beats me why they have to have the parts department in the Showroom anyway??

A couple of years ago I visited Doves to buy an oil filter.I was shown the waiting area with clean chairs and offered a coffee.

All I wanted was a B*****y oil filter.Needless to say, I havent been there since.!
Was the coffee that bad?
OldBlueVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 23:49   #149
Palmer
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueVolvo View Post
Was the coffee that bad?
Think it was the clean chairs that topped him lol
Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Palmer For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 01:10   #150
Chris740R
Premier Member

I've only used two main dealers.

Warrington parts department are good. They were friendly to me even after I crashed into their building I'd forgotten about that till I read this thread.

Newcastle upon Tyne are a nice bunch too. The only problem is the woman on reception who answers the phone sounds like a recorded message and its really difficult to tell if its a real person or a recording. However thats hardly an issue.
Chris740R is offline   Reply With Quote