Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 137166

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 02:34   #151
Dodgy77
YAYAY

I think its a bit much criticising someone who makes their points. If he feels its crap then thats for him to say and not for us to poke holes in his comments however flawed we feel they be.

I have owned things before which I have thought are rubbish and others thought are brill. difference of opinion, we all have them.

Ron98, fair comments mate, just hope I have more joy with mine than you have with yours.

One thing I will say though is that if I have any problems with mine in any way, shape or form then I will be on to the dealer and customer care like a fly on poo.
Dodgy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dodgy77 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 19:45   #152
simonpinkney

Two wheel DRIVe version is great in summer. Terrible in winter. Wish I had bought AWD version.... Will do next time

Cam belt just gone. Car needs new engine. 12 months old and 27k.

Despite this I still love the car!
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 23:35   #153
r-designbob
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpinkney View Post
Cam belt just gone. Car needs new engine. 12 months old and 27k.

Despite this I still love the car!
Good grief!! a new cam belt??
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 05:42   #154
scotgc

Default Bluetooth

What really lets it down for me is not having voice activated Bluetooth, it's not as if it's new technology. Having to scroll down menus to get a contact means that it is not very "hands free".
scotgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 09:35   #155
blank354

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotgc View Post
What really lets it down for me is not having voice activated Bluetooth, it's not as if it's new technology. Having to scroll down menus to get a contact means that it is not very "hands free".
completely agree,find the blue-tooth system quite long winded,also you have to press the menu button on the centre console to return the pod screen back to current mode setting after ending a call,taking your eyes and concentration from the road,hardly hands free at all
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 09:31   #156
Ron 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgy77 View Post
Ron98, fair comments mate, just hope I have more joy with mine than you have with yours.
Thanks for your tolerance. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the point of a forum like this was to share experience and opinion.

To my list of grumbles I would now add:
(1) Driver's door unlocks but does not open in very cold weather
(2) Front passenger door unlocks, opens, but will not then latch shut in very cold weather. This means you can't drive the car (at any rate, not safely) and you can't leave it securely either
(3) Driver's seat belt does not release fully when red button is pressed

I understand that items 1 and 2 are known faults, relating (unsurprisingly) to water ingress.

In response to some of the comments about my earlier posting, I'm just calling it as I see it, and:
(1) My front parking sensors definitely aren't turned off when reversing. I know this because the eye-level display tells me which one is detecting a spurious obstruction - for example, when I back down my driveway
(2) The satnav probably deserves a post in its own right, but I can't be bothered. However, let me give an example of its unreliability. Recently I went for a meal at a pub not far from my house, and my wife wondered how far it was. "No problem," I said, "I'll get the satnav to take us home and it will tell us the precise distance". So I called up "home" from my list of stored locations before setting off from the pub car park and was dismayed to find that, instead of taking us straight down the B road that leads direct to my house - a distance of 3.2 miles, according to Google Maps - it had selected a route of more than 7 miles in the opposite direction. This is consistent with other bizarre decisions it's tried to foist on me such as Stalybridge to Birmingham via Sheffield! Indeed, on the latter trip I changed the route option from "fastest" to "shortest" to see if this would have any effect - the "shortest" route was actually some 12 miles longer than the "fastest" one. I have written to Volvo about it and supposedly had a software upgrade installed on one of the several trips the car has made to a dealership for warranty/recall work, but this didn't prevent my recent pub puzzle.

I am not blind to the advantages of the XC60 - in the recent snow it's kept me mobile when 2wd vehicles would have struggled, and it's roomy and comfy. The Dynaudio stereo with subwoofer is fantastic. But I have been disappointed to encounter so many niggling and not-so-niggling faults necessitating expensive (it's a 100 mile round trip) and inconvenient trips to a dealer for attention.

Last edited by Ron 98; Jan 11th, 2011 at 12:14. Reason: Remembered how much I like the Dynaudio stereo system.
Ron 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron 98 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 00:22   #157
Vecais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron 98 View Post

...(3) Driver's seat belt does not release fully when red button is pressed

...(1) My front parking sensors definitely aren't turned off when reversing. I know this because the eye-level display tells me which one is detecting a spurious obstruction - for example, when I back down my driveway
I had the same problem with the seatbelt button. The dealer replaced the offending unit.

My reverse sensors squeal when reversing down the driveway because of the proximity of the walls and gate posts. I can not afford a driveway wide enough to satisfy the Volvo sensors.
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 00:44   #158
Vecais

I have just returned from a 4,000 km motoring holiday. Happily the XC60 did not miss a beat. It remains a pleasure to drive and we were comfortable throughout the trip. Particularly:

- great handling in strong cross wind, hardly noticeable when driving, compared with my previous brick shaped cars that were jittery in those conditions.

- D5 diesel was pleasantly economical throughout, about 7 litres per 100 kms average. On the long flat stages about 55litres for 1000kms at about 100 to 110kph.

- good performance in the high mountains of NSW and Victoria. I had to use the manual gearshift option from time to time for best control on steep hills.

- plenty of get-up-and-go for overtaking.

Still remain a happy chappie.
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 17:25   #159
Matteus XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecais View Post
I have just returned from a 4,000 km motoring holiday. Happily the XC60 did not miss a beat. It remains a pleasure to drive and we were comfortable throughout the trip. Particularly:

- great handling in strong cross wind, hardly noticeable when driving, compared with my previous brick shaped cars that were jittery in those conditions.

- D5 diesel was pleasantly economical throughout, about 7 litres per 100 kms average. On the long flat stages about 55litres for 1000kms at about 100 to 110kph.

- good performance in the high mountains of NSW and Victoria. I had to use the manual gearshift option from time to time for best control on steep hills.

- plenty of get-up-and-go for overtaking.

Still remain a happy chappie.
Good news Vecais, thanks for the update. I confess, I'd wondered what had happened to you over the past fortnight. You seemed to disapear about the same time the as 4th Ashes test started...... Come to think of it, you've reappeared after Australia have (finally) won a couple of matches(T20, 1 dayer). Could this be pure coincidence I ask?
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 19:55   #160
r-designbob
Premier Member

Nah!! As long as he's got some 4X he doesn't give a Rats