Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 D5 Auto No Drive - Diagnosing 2007

Views : 11880

Replies : 224

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 27th, 2022, 14:34   #161
bluebossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
possibly not the circuit board has a small transformer on it you could just leave the old one in place and connect the replacement one just to test it . it will operate when you plug it in . i know this because iv just finished installing my repaired one this afternoon . only one code left now aqs but this dose not show on the dim .
Thanks Simmy, spent the weekend replacing and trying to fix this... I thought the error had gone, but it came back... with a S/H siren.

So I Dremeled the original and fitted a new Battery - seems like its still the same, though the Low Guard / Full Guard messages are appearing and the Alarm button is operating - they didn't before so something is improving!

When I put the new Battery in - it didn't go off... what do you mean "It will operate when you plug it in?" mine is still playing silent...
I did use VIDA to reset codes... no joy
Previous - XC90 V8 Executive, V70 P1, S90 Inscription
bluebossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 14:41   #162
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

Mine had a slightly misty headlight but seeing as (typically) the other side had a scratch on it I pulled both out, replaced the scratched one and sorted out the misting

I pulled off the back, hair dried out and got some heat on the front as well until all gone, left it over night to make sure aired out (actually ended up doing that twice) but then when done just went around the seal between glass and black plastic with silicone sealant making sure it was thorough all round and really rubbed into the gap.. then taped over that as well with some gaffa ripped down the middle to be narrower. The silicone presumably keeps the tape on as well as being sticky (at least that's the theory). Reassembled, can't see any of it from the outside, hasn't happened again since

-------------------------
mini project - link
stuart bowes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuart bowes For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 14:43   #163
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

Actually setting the alarm off is not as easy as you might think lol I ended up sitting in the back (make sure kid locks off!) Lock yourself in, wave about like a lunatic and if that doesn't work try popping off one of the rear window connectors carefully.

It has gone off a few times from a big lorry going past but no amount of me rocking the car would do it

mini project - link
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 17:36   #164
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

if the alarm siren is good when you connect it to the car/ plug in the connector under the wheel arch it should sound was your circuit board free from corrosion and was the old battery clean and free from leaks. i cut open lots of sirens before i found a good one i have a box full of acid damaged circuit boards have you tried connecting to the car yet? to set the alarm open window lock the door with the fob wait outside the car till the dead locks activate lean inside the car and move about this should trigger the alarm siren . dont give up iv been trying to fix mine for 3 years .finaly managed it yesterday

Last edited by Simmy; Feb 27th, 2022 at 17:46.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 17:49   #165
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

mine didn't sound when I connected it up

however I do recall now when I first connected it the fault was still there. But i figured being on the shelf a while the battery was probably flat so I left if a while. lo and behold next time I looked a few hours later the fault was gone and the siren worked

I didn't think of locking it with the windows open that's a good point

mini project - link
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 18:07   #166
Simmy
Premier Member

i followed simons youtube vid to test if i fitted a replacement battery 7.3v stacked button cells of ebay i had to swap the wire with the small white plug off an old circuit board to the new battery when i connected to the car the siren went off and dident. stop till i locked with the fob. i tested it several times before replaceing the arch liner and wheel . no false alarms so far .
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 18:15   #167
bluebossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
if the alarm siren is good when you connect it to the car/ plug in the connector under the wheel arch it should sound was your circuit board free from corrosion and was the old battery clean and free from leaks. i cut open lots of sirens before i found a good one i have a box full of acid damaged circuit boards have you tried connecting to the car yet? to set the alarm open window lock the door with the fob wait outside the car till the dead locks activate lean inside the car and move about this should trigger the alarm siren . dont give up iv been trying to fix mine for 3 years .finaly managed it yesterday
Thanks Simmy, no Battery mess, the pins on it were a bit blackened though, so I cleaned them up - put the new battery and re-fitted.

The 2nd hand one hasn't been opened... I fitted this first, error initially went away, but tried the locking, arm through Window thing but no Siren.

So I switched back to the original and fitted the new Battery.
It's a bit odd as I can get the indicators to go off - so alarm triggering..

When I connected both up - neither unit went off...
I could open the replacement up and put the new Battery in that - luckily I've got the knack of getting it off now - cut a slot in the screw, fitted screws instead of rivets for now on splash guard - so whole thing is faster now...

Error does seem to be going away... I'll see how it goes this week...
Thanks - hopefully I'll solve it before 3 years ! LOL
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 18:18   #168
bluebossa

Default Headlamp misting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
Mine had a slightly misty headlight but seeing as (typically) the other side had a scratch on it I pulled both out, replaced the scratched one and sorted out the misting

I pulled off the back, hair dried out and got some heat on the front as well until all gone, left it over night to make sure aired out (actually ended up doing that twice) but then when done just went around the seal between glass and black plastic with silicone sealant making sure it was thorough all round and really rubbed into the gap.. then taped over that as well with some gaffa ripped down the middle to be narrower. The silicone presumably keeps the tape on as well as being sticky (at least that's the theory). Reassembled, can't see any of it from the outside, hasn't happened again since
Thanks Stuart - I've pulled both the Caps on the back of the lamp for now to let the condensation clear... Some say you can even leave them like this as not much reaches up there...

I read on forum again that it's very common as they are supposed to breathe - might give the silicon a go though - sounds easy enough... cheers.
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 18:22   #169
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

I did read somewhere that later models had a back cap which effectively had a big hole cut in it and some sort of goretex or other breathable material over it, which makes sense I suppose

I thought about that as a backup option if my sealant didn't work, but since then no issue so never got round to it

mini project - link
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 18:22   #170
bluebossa

Default Parrot CK3100 No Sound

On another gremlin - the fitted Parrot CK3100 is only partly functional...

I've updated the Software - another fiddly job but got it up to V5 now...

Anyone else got one and know where the Blue control box is likely to be located?

Essentially its 90% there - just no sound from Speakers...

Unit Powers Up
Unit Pairs with Phone
Unit Dials
Unit mutes Radio or CD

NO SOUND - !

All Volumes are turned up...

Anyone else troubleshooted this little fecker... is it likely to be wired in behind Audio or is it into an Amp - if so where is the Amp in these cars?

I've got the HU850 Head Unit in my Car...
Picture attached... paired up..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parrot CK3100.jpg (135.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by bluebossa; Feb 27th, 2022 at 18:29.