Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 New Sensus software V3

Views : 44998

Replies : 216

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 07:10   #171
sawyer

Default Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiaan View Post
UPDATE:

I had a call back today from Vijay at Volvo uk and he confirms that the Sensus V3.0 update is part of the Service promise and should be carried out at the routine service.... free of charge!

I relayed this information to my local dealer who finds that very hard to believe and will be cross checking with Volvo uk in the morning (Vijay did warn me that the dealership wouldn't believe me).

I await the call from my local service department tomorrow to get me booked in (or attempt to wriggle out of it!!!)
Christiaan.

Have you had a response from your dealer yet as to whether they will perform the full upgrade?

The reason I ask is that I booked mine in for its first service at a dealership in Orpington Kent and they said it would not be included unless there was a particular fault as the process was too time consuming.

Did Vijay put his reply to you in writing or was it verbal may I ask?

Thanks
sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 08:26   #172
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer View Post
Christiaan.

Have you had a response from your dealer yet as to whether they will perform the full upgrade?

The reason I ask is that I booked mine in for its first service at a dealership in Orpington Kent and they said it would not be included unless there was a particular fault as the process was too time consuming.

Did Vijay put his reply to you in writing or was it verbal may I ask?

Thanks
Well until you upgrade, the POI faclity does not work properly. If you try to chose Sound 4 ( No Sound ) it seems to be accepted, but it actually uses Sound 3 ( camera shutter ). Very annoying if you want to have them shown on the map but with no audible warning. This is fixed is V3.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 10:26   #173
christiaan

I'm not going to say much at the moment, but it is going in on Thursday to have the upgrade done at no cost to me.
I may have more to say on the matter once I have the car back.
As for Vijay... I only got a verbal confirmation from him I'm afraid.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:36   #174
Chaddie
Ex Serial Volvo Buyer

My XC70 is booked in for its first Service next week, so I hope it's upgraded to v3. I have told them that its can take an age for the rear camera to kick in and if the Bluetooth connects at the sametime I sometimes get an 'OK' message which if you press turns off the rear camera and if you don't you can't see because you have the message across the screen.

XC70 SE Lux D5 (215bhp) Geartronic (2012MY)
Drivers Pack, Security Pack, Winter Pack, Family Pack, Dark Tint Glass,
Active 4C, Front & Rear Cameras, DAB Radio, Spoiler & Side Scuff Plates.
Chaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:05   #175
Voltan

I received my maps in late October. The covering email stated that if my car was built before week 42, 2010, I should have an upgrade applied and that I should contact my dealer. I dont' actually know when my XC60 was built though it was first registered June11 and is MY11. I took my car in to the dealer last week and had the ICM upgraded to Sensus 3, free of charge. I assume therefore it is an update that should be applied under the Volvo service promise. It took about an hour and I now have the Trip Statistics option, etc. It also makes the iPod much easier to navigate. I did not get a leaflet but I have the Sensus app though it isn't very detailed.
I then installed the latest maps I had received and the end of October.
Before the upgrade the Software Version was 0930 but after the upgrade it was still 0930. My maps are now 12 rather than 11. What is the significance of the software version number? I'm puzzled by that.
Voltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:44   #176
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltan View Post
What is the significance of the software version number? I'm puzzled by that.
The software version is the system software that was "installed" when the car was built.

So the older the car, the lower the number. It does not get updated by the map upgrade process.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 13:07   #177
Chaddie
Ex Serial Volvo Buyer

Well I've just had the first service on my car, there has been some updates done (could tell since the mirrors didn't auto fold when locked), but in 'MY CAR' I still have Support System Listed nothing to do with Tip Counter etc.

So looks like its still on v2, unless you don't get that on the XC70. Is there a way to tell (Version Number etc) from within the Menu System?

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 18:50   #178
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie View Post
Well I've just had the first service on my car, there has been some updates done (could tell since the mirrors didn't auto fold when locked), but in 'MY CAR' I still have Support System Listed nothing to do with Tip Counter etc.

So looks like its still on v2, unless you don't get that on the XC70. Is there a way to tell (Version Number etc) from within the Menu System?
THe sensus update software is not included in the free service promise software package which you get with your service ...
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 19:47   #179
Chaddie
Ex Serial Volvo Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
THe sensus update software is not included in the free service promise software package which you get with your service ...
Well others on this thread are saying they are getting it as part of the Service. I've also been having issues with the Bluetooth and Rear View Camera which I reported when I booked it in....so since its still under warranty I expect these to be sorted and if that means they have to do a software upgrade then that's what they should do.

And before you start on the cost to the Dealership, then if the margins on a service is so small how can they give a 25% discount on the price of the service.

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 20:00   #180
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie View Post
Well others on this thread are saying they are getting it as part of the Service. I've also been having issues with the Bluetooth and Rear View Camera which I reported when I booked it in....so since its still under warranty I expect these to be sorted and if that means they have to do a software upgrade then that's what they should do.

And before you start on the cost to the Dealership, then if the margins on a service is so small how can they give a 25% discount on the price of the service.
You are quite correct , if you have a bluetooth and camera problem they should treat this as a separate warranty job and do what is necessary , the first stage of which is to make sure the relevant software is the latest version .

I'm not "starting" I'm just telling you how it is .. Service promise software is a package i.e. , all the relevant service software on one download as one bundle which takes a fairly short time to carry out .

Sensus software is something completely different , it is loaded by a different method and consists of a file about 20 times the size so takes 3 hours if downloaded the same way as the service promise software , or over an hour by the unique method .

There must be mis-communication at the garage , take it back and explain your symptoms again.