Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Mullingar - 21/11/2009 - ***Updated with Hotel Info***

Views : 16606

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Change of date: Please select your prefered option
7th November 2 16.67%
14th November 3 25.00%
21th November 6 50.00%
28th November 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 20th, 2009, 22:33   #181
mchudd

Default mullingar

Hi lads.
cann't wait for the trip.I will make every efert to get there ,despite the weather.I understand anyone who does not go,as we got are house destroyed in the floods of 2007.It is not nice.
See yoy tomorrow.
Cheers Mark.
mchudd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mchudd For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 22:37   #182
ahal
Master Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf ista View Post
Sure tomorrow, maybe someone can propose it, then ye can form an adhoc comittee and start voting members....lol
Lol I vote myself the position of dictator for life

No, I was thinking we can do all that online, because in fairness it looks like a few committed members may not be able to make it.

All in the name of democracy. Well, actually it's not democracy as we know it but that's a whole big story in itself lmao

If we don't get the committee we like we'll do a re - run though
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 22:40   #183
ahal
Master Member

Hey what do yiz reckon, I've a shoulder - mount pro. camcorder ... should I bring it? Could get some dramatic through water shots lol! It's one of them that ye have to keep an eye on and it's bloody big, can anyone see an opening for it?
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 22:44   #184
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut View Post
Hugh, didn't mean any dis respect, but I find in this country things get blown out of all proportion very fast, yes I know people are flooded out ect, but I'm sure the supposed "dry spell" over night will help clear alot of the flooding away. Anyhow, its sad to see your not coming, but as I said above, I fully understand. I've just travelled 90 miles across counrty from Strabane to Bangor, and seen very little water the whole way, and I spent a day in work listening to people telling me how bad the roads are.
I know what you mean Andy, but I guess you havent seen our news reports. Currently in some towns in the west and south, peoples houses, and obviously the roads around them are under 4 to 5 feet of water. My sister in law lives in Ennis. She rang us tonight saying they couldnt get into town as the army have it cordoned off! Upstream from Cork city the Inniscarra damn had to leave water out of the damn because the water volume was six times the norm and the pressure was at dangerous levels. The ensuing flood came down both river channels and broke the banks of the river within the city centre. The north and east of the country have gotten off lightly it seems. I aint blowing anything out of proportion, thats just the way it is.
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 22:44   #185
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

Better looking at it than looking for it @ Tony

No problem Hugh, I'm sure well catch up soon. How's things at your house, you safe or in danger?

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 23:14   #186
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut View Post
No problem Hugh, I'm sure well catch up soon. How's things at your house, you safe or in danger?
Thanks Andy. Ah sure we are grand in East Cork. Just the usual ponding in low spots on the back roads. Its really from the city to the west that got hit bad. I suppose any low lying area with a river. The water supply in the city got contaminated so people have to buy bottled water. I even heard of some panic buying going on. Dont know if its true but i heard the gards had to be called to a shop as two "ladies" got in a scrap over the last few bottles! Thats going a bit far, isnt it......
Yes, looking forward to catching up in the future. Hopefully, nature will be kinder next time.
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 00:04   #187
Baffler
Premier Member

Hi Folks,

Mickaleen59 sent me a text tonight to say Hugh and himself can't make it. That's a pitty. I was so looking forward to seeing the Zon and Micks 850. At the moment it's not looking too good for me either as I've just crawled out of bed due to being layed up for the last 24hrs with some form of flu symptom.

I know from watching the weather forecast there will be some heavy rain fall in the morning with it clearing towards mid-day but the evening is to get progressively worse. I don't mind a little wind and rain so I plan on driving up in the morning but the only thing now preventing me from traveling is how I'll be feeling in the morning

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 00:45   #188
440anator
rookie

Talking

see ya all later lads
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 06:50   #189
VanhireBoys

Good Morning
I am going to make an executive desicion at about 9am too see what I am going to do. The lads have opened the new M6 temporary to let the traffic through and bypass the floods. Traffic will be a problem for me...!

Its supposed to rain again here after dinnertime - if its flooded later when Im coming back it will be a nightmare going home...!

I am going from here at about 11am hopefully make it for 1-2 ish. I am determined for a lot of fellas have put in a big effort and Id hate to miss it.

I have your numbers and I'll let yous know what the sceal is about 11am
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 07:25   #190
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

Ok folks, sad to see some can't make it, but better safe than sorry. I'll be setting off myself shortly, any of you folks planning of travelling a long journey, please think about staying over night and travelling in daylight.

See ya's all later

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote