Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Would you buy another Volvo?

Views : 172506

Replies : 618

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Volvo?
Definitely yes 587 54.20%
Likely yes 333 30.75%
Probably no 117 10.80%
No way Nellie 46 4.25%
Voters: 1083. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:33   #181
Mytholmroyd60

My dad had a 122 and then a 144 which I drove for a year after passing my test. 30 odd years later I've had an xc60 d5 lux premium for a month (it's a jan 2011, anyone know what model year that is?)

Well, I've not actually got it at the moment due to a problem with the cherished plate that was on it. As the tax runs out tonight and it still hasn't got a proper plate on it the dealer has swapped it for a loan car until the problem is sorted.

The loan car is a v40 cross country 1.6 diesel d2.

I really like the loan car! Other than the engine being a bit gutless it's a lovel car. My wife's bmw 3 series is going back in august and I would seriously consider the v40 as a replacement, but it's her choice obviously, so we'll see.

So I suppose the answer to the question is yes I would buy another.
Mytholmroyd60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 11:03   #182
wrinkles
VOC Member

Wink

I am on my 8th one now I hope this one will see me out. Best car I have ever owned.
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 13:40   #183
woodchipandrew

For anyone has been reading my recent post, would I buy another volvo.
NO bloomin chance, boring cars with no soul or identity.
Anybody want to buy a 3wk old xc60 se lux nav with 800 miles on it. I feel the need, the need to go back to Land Rover.
woodchipandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 15:21   #184
Daniel TD5

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchipandrew View Post
Anybody want to buy a 3wk old xc60 se lux nav with 800 miles on it. I feel the need, the need to go back to Land Rover.
After having many land rovers and this being my first volvo its three months old with 7000 miles now and I can say I love it. not had any problems with poor ride

How can you say it's boring or no soul just look at the form of the rear lights lovely design
Daniel TD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 23:36   #185
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchipandrew View Post
Are you kidding us on, Andrew? A 3 week old Xc60 for a Land Rover!! Your Land Rover doesn't even come close. Depending on what you want to use it for of course. Used to have to drive Range Rovers as part of the job. A very expensive unreliable car but each to their own. Now on my 10th Volvo and no problems with any of them.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:14   #186
volvo145
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
Are you kidding us on, Andrew? A 3 week old Xc60 for a Land Rover!! Your Land Rover doesn't even come close. Depending on what you want to use it for of course. Used to have to drive Range Rovers as part of the job. A very expensive unreliable car but each to their own. Now on my 10th Volvo and no problems with any of them.
I would say the new RR are much better than the current crop of Volvos.
Plus they hold there money better.
Are you still running the maroon coloured S60?
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 17:47   #187
Daniel TD5

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo145 View Post
I would say the new RR are much better than the current crop of Volvos.
Plus they hold there money better.
Are you still running the maroon coloured S60?
But I don't see any 80k cars in the volvo price list

I must say the xc90 is a bit out of date but the xc60 beats the freelander hands down
Daniel TD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 18:11   #188
Arianne
Premier Member

Woodchip longs for the RR Sport, not a Freelander. There's no doubt that, unless you're serious about going off-road, you'd take the XC60 over the Freelander every time.

But a RR Sport is a different car from an XC60. Personally, I would be frightened by the repair costs on the RR Sport and the reviews on them are less than glowing. But, insofar as image, looks and that special something go.....the RR Sport is in a different league. And I speak as someone with a brand new XC60 on order.

There is a new RR Sport. It's not based on the old Disco chassis and so doesn't weigh too much, handles brilliantly and may be, over time, robust. It's quite a looker too. But it costs a fortune compared to an XC60.

Residuals, yep even a tonka toy Evoque outperforms the Volvo. But if you're in the market for a new car then a few percentage points over 3yrs won't sway the heart.

Best wishes.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 11:58   #189
100K+
Premier Member

Suspect these could well be my last Volvos, I have two, both V70's, a 2002 T5 manual and a 2004 AWD R manual. The lack of a "sporty" option, and the terrible electric parking brake when used on a manual box.., means current Volvos are, incomparison a retrograde step.
Fortunately, the T5 is still going strong at 227K aiming for at least 240K and the R is my "sunday car" but still has 85K
Cheers

Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:07   #190
Norwich

Default On my third and it's getting bigger each time

New XC90 Exec White
Rear dark glass and running boards.

Love it so far apart from muddy calves from the running boards when I get out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (252.9 KB, 17 views)
Norwich is offline   Reply With Quote