Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 2.0d R-Design test drive – NEARLY !!

Views : 3045

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 10th, 2009, 19:16   #11
Dazzlev70r

A little concerned now
the dealer says they have checked n checked and the V70 R im getting will have adaptive steering as the book says

mind you they also say I will achieve around 50 MPG

My worry is for a start i only got to test drive the 2.4 so accept the power will be diffrent

But if the steering is vague and not as good as the test car and ive been sold a car with the steering and they apear to forget mine where i stand

Bottom line surely its mis selling if you buy something thats not as advertised
Im satisfied that the booklet offers it and the dealer has confirmed i will get what ive paid for

Realy confused over all this as it goes, maybe im worrying over nothing and the steering will fit my driving style after all, until i use it ive no idea

That said if it isnt something i can live with no way am i going to suffer that, trouble is what can anyone do about it
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 09:43   #12
Sandancer

Dazzlev70r if your getting your car thro' Motability have a word with them as they are aware of the steering issue with the R-Design as they have terminated the lease on mine because of the problem and lack of response from Volvo.
Sandancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 18:20   #13
Dazzlev70r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
Dazzlev70r if your getting your car thro' Motability have a word with them as they are aware of the steering issue with the R-Design as they have terminated the lease on mine because of the problem and lack of response from Volvo.
Might have to as ive put nearly 3K of my own money into this
Spoken to the wife and again its hard as ive no idea what the car will drive like without the adaptive steering and ill use that arguement if need be

Noticed motoability guys are a big majority of sales so i reckon Volvo should listen
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 19:57   #14
MayGetaV70

I phoned another Volvo dealer lunch time to see if they had a 2.0d R-Design I could try, the answer to that question was no but they do have SE, so I'm going to arrange to give that a try. Anyway I asked about the speed dependant power steering on the RD. I told them of the concerns raised about it on this web site, he again looked in a brochure and said it did, I then explained we knew that but the cars physically did not have the option, he conferred with a colleague and then said that the R-Design and T6 AWD models had speed sensitive power steering, however some of the first RD's built did not have it fitted. This I seem to remember ties in with a posting made by someone else on this wed site a few weeks back.

Hope this helps
MayGetaV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 21:22   #15
avtur

Smile Test drive at last ....

At last I have a V70 demo on the drive, a 2.0D SELux to be precise. It arrived this afternoon and have managed a quick 50 miles so far. Have taken the next two days off work to put some serious miles on it and see what its like to live with.

The car I would get would be the 2.0D SE so have to use a bit of imagination and ignore the full leather and some of the extra toys fitted to the demo. However first impressions are looking good and Mrs Avtur likes it!
avtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 22:37   #16
Dazzlev70r

well know for sure soon as mine gets delivered 1 april

lets hope its not a April fools car lol
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 13:40   #17
MayGetaV70

Might be getting somewhere. Haven't found a dealer with one, so I left a message with Volvo last night. Had a phone call this morning, very helpful and they are going to try and sort a car out. He did say however that the 2.0d R-Design was difficult to get hold of and that there are not many around. I find this difficult to believe, if Volvo are trying to get this into company car fleets, you'd think they would have a good few knocking around for test drives.

If it is true, two things spring to mind

1) A sign that they are struggling and don't want to carry lots of demonstrators, they would need to sell later as second hand.

2) Being a pessimist, is it that bad they want people to buy it blind so they get the sale.

Anyway I'll update if/when I get a test drive. Anyone out there got one and would like to comment on it's performance, comfort, drive and fuel economy etc. Please Please feel free to do so.
MayGetaV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 13:42   #18
Dazzlev70r

As I understand it and the amount of time ive had to wait there simply are none about and any you order are factory built

With so many options they cant realy pre build to many

I ordered ine in February and ive a date now of April fools day

1 week to go
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 14:06   #19
avtur

Smile

My demo V70 has just been collected, literally about 10 minutes ago. This is the second Volvo demo I've had in a month and have to say Volvo have looked after me very well. I admit it probably helps being a fleet customer but I would hope a serious private buyer would get similar treatment.

I believe the Volvo demostration fleet is quite large and they tend to be higher spec cars with loads of toys, my only problem has been trying to imagine the more basic (relatively speaking) model I would be choosing.

Buying blind isn't something they should rely on, its very easy to get dissatisifed customers that way, much better to let the car speak for itself then the customer makes a very positive and informed choice. I had a couple of other cars lined up to test but driving the V70 has convinced me I don't need to look any further.

I've also been told that buying a car off the production line is the norm for Volvo, no large stocks of cars in fields waiting to be sold.

Just got to decide colour now ... over to Mrs Avtur
avtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 16:33   #20
Dazzlev70r

They will probaly offer any colour you want as long as its silver / grey

I added 3 weeks to my wait just because I wanted blue

Anyone remember days you could buy orange and yellow?
Going around dealers forcourts seems so drab, all colours seem to merge
Im thinking of the Kevin and Perry opening in the film where all there was in every driveway of suburbia was silver vectras