Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Newie to Volvo's

Views : 1198

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 00:12   #11
DavieC

Thanks everyone for helping out, I have ordered a poly bush for the top mount, will let you all know how I get on.

JubJub, afraid the missus makes use of my boot (shopaholic) so no room for woofers. I have been told there is a place in Turriff which will make powerflow exhausts for any car, may be worth a look.

DC
DavieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 07:00   #12
Simon Linton
850/70 Register Keeper

Default Strut brace

The Volvo strut brace should also fit onto your car and will make a large improvement in handling, more so when you get 17" rims with their lower-profile tyres.

Ten minutes to fit yourself and less than £100 to buy - even from Volvo.

Just be careful the first time you turn a corner with it fitted; the turn-in is so much better that you may clip the apex.
Simon Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 08:29   #13
DougT5R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroresh
You dont really need a downpipe unless you want to extract more serious performance, in which case you may aswell have started with a T5 regardless of running costs because your insurance is going to go up and your mpg will go down anyway as soon as you start tinkering!

Plenty of aftermarket exhausts on offer. In fact from memory I think most 850 /V/S70 exhausts are the same from the cat back, I know Jetex certainly do one. Just do the back box for around £250 if funds are tight. The sound will be pretty much similar.
I feel your a 100% wrong on this one. Have you looked at the OEM downpipe? There is a bottle neck in the exhaust and its the DP. I think the best setup (if your going to modify the exhaust at all) is a 3" (or a TRUE 2.5") DP into the stock catback.

It doesn't do any good to have to make the motor try to exhale through that drinking straw called a DP.

We've also noted a 3" dp helps with the typical drone cat-backs exhbit and we've even had more than a few cars pick up some milage after doing it.