Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 engine into old Mini (engine starts and dies, HELP!!)

Views : 16914

Replies : 85

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 22nd, 2011, 18:11   #11
Jabe
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
Just imagine the arguments at home...

Ive lowered the car honey

What??!!! and YOU didnt use KV's?! ARGH

But darling, its gone down 40mm AND ive put upper and lower braces on and uprated the rear ARB to IPD.

IPD???!!!! you stupid man you should have gotten Whiteline not that american crap.

etc etc
Ohhh baby!... Oxford, here I come!
2002 S40 Titanium Grey 2.0T 165BHP, Sport Lux - SOLD!
2003 V40 Blue SE 1.8 122BHP - Current!
Jabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 19:14   #12
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibugga View Post
Thanks for the great replies!

Itīs not a fuel problem because Iīve plugged a Sytec fuel pump to the battery wit an external pressure regulator set to 2.5 bar directly to the fuel rail. So fuel and pressure is always there. Is there anything I should do to the fuel relay?

Iīve used the entire Volvo loom, so if I manage to get someone with a scanner that could be easily done to read the codes.

I did found a little leak on the TB where the servo vacuum pipe is connected as Iīm running no servo I had just block that pipe. Iīll sort that out tomorrow.

960kg I would appreciate if you have the diagram.

If someone could point me out were to find the entire wiring diagram for the T4 I would really appreciate.

I will be working on the project tomorrow again.

and yes, these kind of girls exist
....here are a couple of diagrams......one was too small to see so i have done the page in two parts just line up the RED squares.......

.....i know it should run on 2.5bar 36 psi but the T4 runs on 45psi .....because you are direct into the fuel rail do you think it cuts because your not using the FPR??......although there is a residual pressure of 29psi for 20 mins for the T4 to start it does say the pressure immediately goes to 45psi.....get a cheap memoscan U480 scanner Ģ28 they erase as well......i can send you the wiring disc if you send me a pm with your address and i will post in the morning Monday FREE......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg System Relay.jpg (158.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg turbo 1.jpg (140.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg turbo 2.jpg (137.9 KB, 20 views)

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 19:50   #13
minibugga

Thanks a lot 960kg. I'll be working with the diagrams tomorrow. I tried to pm you but because I'm a newby I couldn't as I've got less than 30 posts. If you could please write to me at 10085717@brookes.ac.uk I'll send you my adress. It's very kind of you offering me the CD, appreciate!

I've already ordered the scanner, hopefully will be here in a couple days, thanks for the info of the model as well.

I really don't know what is going on, as I've read plenty of threads of people with the same problem but noone ever states what the problem was and the solution to it

Tomorrow I'll fix the leak I found an I'll try disconnecting and connecting the MAF, EGR, idle control valve... and see what happens.

Forgot to mention I've got no pulley driving the alternator jet because I got rid of the AC and have to order a new shorter belt. The cooling system is no plugged jet and therefore no water is in the engine. Could that affect the starting?

Thanks a lot and I'll keep posting if any progress is achieved.
minibugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 20:01   #14
minibugga

Forgot to say, before playing around with sensors, etc I'll rise the fuel pressure as you have mentioned to 45 psi and I'll let you know.

Thanks once again for all the info, I found it very helpfull
Old May 23rd, 2011, 16:00   #15
evlabe

Dude, I'm also building a zcars T4 conversion. I found a pdf with complete wiring diagrams for the V/S40. Its 50mb so I can't attach it to the thread. PM me and I'll mail it to you.
evlabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 13:47   #16
minibugga

Hi evlabe, thanks for your offer!! I would send you a pm.

How is your build coming on? What is the current status? Are you running a DTA?

Well I wanted to let you all know that the Mini FINALLY STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havenīt rev it much as there is no water in the engine but it runs very smoothly! The sound was not expected as it isnīt as loud as I though which is great but is sounds more like a truck! Must be a volvo thing....

At the end I fixed the leak I had on the servo pipe to the throttle body, opened and closed the car 5 times, increased the fuel pressure as indicated in the previous post and walaa, IT STARTED!!!!!

Thanks a lot for everyone's help and I hope I donīt run into to much trouble fro now on. At some point Iīll take the loom out and clean it, getting rid of all the unnecessary wires.

Thank you once again!!!!!
Old May 24th, 2011, 13:52   #17
minibugga

Because I havenīt posted 30 times already I canīt send you any pm, so here is my email: 10085717@brookes.ac.uk

Thanks a lot for the diagrams, Hi there, they will be really helpful. Although the Mini finally started Iīll be playing around the wires for a while.

Thank you!!
Old May 26th, 2011, 17:39   #18
Jabe
Master Member

Quote:
Because I havenīt posted 30 times already I canīt send you any pm, so here is my email: 10085717@brookes.ac.uk

Thanks a lot for the diagrams, Hi there, they will be really helpful. Although the Mini finally started Iīll be playing around the wires for a while.

Thank you!!
Keep us posted on this fella. This seems like a really interesting project. Vid's would be a bonus
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 09:30   #19
Jabe
Master Member

Quote:

Thank you!!
Just thought I'd give this a little bump, it came to mind yesturday but I couldn't find the thread. Any updates? Were you able to complete the project? Would love to see a vid of her.
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 20:58   #20
minibugga

Sorry guys itīs been a long time since my las update, but lots of stuff came in between. Now I moved to Madrid, Spain and brought the Mini with me on a trailer. Iīll update a view pictures as soon as possible.

The car drives but engine is not smooth. Iīm unsure of what is causing it but it could be some kind of airleak on the hoses that connect the turbo-intercooler-manifold. What do you think?

No error codes btw but some flames came out of the exhaust and the car does not push hard when applying throttle. Any suggestions would be more than welcome!!!

Iīm willing to install a manual boost controller and gauge aswell. Any advice?

Thank you guys and pics will come
The Following User Says Thank You to minibugga For This Useful Post: