Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Facelifted models

Views : 4046

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 20:51   #11
Daleman
Master Member

Default Feel guilty

Yes if they could introduce a nice efficient powerful petrol engine(Mercedes seem to be doing it with the e class so it is possible) that is reasonably economical it would benefit the range tremendously .The DPF problems with diesel engines can be a real pain and are never mentioned when you purchase a diesel . They soon become apparent if you start to do a lot of short runs though. We have a petrol car for short runs and the diesel for long runs usually about 100 miles each way but you still end up doing a fair few short runs when you get where you’re going .Diesel engine is brill and pulls well but I feel guilty every time I strike it up for a short run.

Last edited by Daleman; Feb 20th, 2013 at 21:03. Reason: typo
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 17:23   #12
bluesnappa

Week 20/2013 is when I have been told the MY 14 build begins. Week 7 now, 13 to go
bluesnappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 06:58   #13
JimmyTheLips

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnappa View Post
Week 20/2013 is when I have been told the MY 14 build begins. Week 7 now, 13 to go
Ive just come back from Belgium and after leacing my customer in Ghent i could have sworn I saw a facelifted xc60 driving past. Looked nice, nit radically different but not bad in the flesh either.

Edit: would have dnapped a pic but i was standing with my customer. Am going back in a couple of weeks so will snap it if i see it again
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 11:58   #14
tangey

My XC60 will be 4 year old around december, and thats when I'll be looking to change. I really would like to see volvo launch new engine options, the D5 isn't competitive with other biggish engines out there in terms of power/performance. If they did revamp the engine line-up, I'd strongly consider going again for an XC60, this time with auto box.

Mind you, I have a V60 hybrid in the back of my mind too, ideally I'd like an XC60 hybrid (think they did a concept one). Not sure I could get back into a regular saloon after the XC60. Also the V60 hybrid isn't included in the volvo club discount, which could be a deciding factor.

Regarding DPF, I had an S60 before the XC60, and it was a total pain with the warning light coming on often, and being caught out once and having to limp 70 miles to the garage to get it sorted. My driving style / mileage / routes has not changed one bit since getting the XC60, and in the 3 years plus, I've never seen DFP warning.

Last edited by tangey; Mar 7th, 2013 at 12:01.
tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:04   #15
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

"VEA - Volvo Environmental Architecture: New four-cylinder strategy
The new engine range, known as VEA - Volvo Environmental Architecture - consists solely of four-cylinder engines which in certain configurations will benefit from enhanced performance through electrification or other spearhead technology. Volvo Car Corporation will develop four-cylinder engines with higher performance than today's six-cylinder units, along with lower fuel consumption than the current generation of four-cylinder engines.

Volvo Car Corporation also introduces a new 8-speed automatic gearbox, which gives the driver a refined drive and excellent fuel economy. Volvo Car Corporation has also begun testing flywheel drive on public roads. Flywheel drive, also known as Flywheel KERS - Kinetic Energy Recovery System - offers the driver additional horsepower, giving a four-cylinder engine the acceleration of a six as well as significant fuel consumption savings"

Taken from the Volvo media Newsroom.

My understanding is that we will start seeing some of these engines by the end of 2013......

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:28   #16
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangey View Post
My XC60 will be 4 year old around december, and thats when I'll be looking to change. I really would like to see volvo launch new engine options, the D5 isn't competitive with other biggish engines out there in terms of power/performance. If they did revamp the engine line-up, I'd strongly consider going again for an XC60, this time with auto box.

Mind you, I have a V60 hybrid in the back of my mind too, ideally I'd like an XC60 hybrid (think they did a concept one). Not sure I could get back into a regular saloon after the XC60. Also the V60 hybrid isn't included in the volvo club discount, which could be a deciding factor.

Regarding DPF, I had an S60 before the XC60, and it was a total pain with the warning light coming on often, and being caught out once and having to limp 70 miles to the garage to get it sorted. My driving style / mileage / routes has not changed one bit since getting the XC60, and in the 3 years plus, I've never seen DFP warning.
Is the discount applied AFTER a deal has been agreed ?
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:09   #17
MtillingVolvo

The discount would be applied as part of the deal. i.e. you disclose the fact that your a VOC member so the deal can be structured. Its worth doing this anyway as sometimes we have stock vehicles with even more discount available or better ways of looking at purchasing a vehicle.

HTH

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:24   #18
mattb1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
The discount would be applied as part of the deal. i.e. you disclose the fact that your a VOC member so the deal can be structured. Its worth doing this anyway as sometimes we have stock vehicles with even more discount available or better ways of looking at purchasing a vehicle.

HTH
Hi,

I did try to PM you but don't have enough posts. This is OT I know but need to get a Tow bar for my new V60 (due around 15 March) and I need a price. Can you PM me please

Thanks
Matt
mattb1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:27   #19
MtillingVolvo

Do you need fixed or detatchable and twin or single electrics? Can you also let me know which model (i.e. SE Lux, R-Design, etc) vehicle you are buying.

Email me @ mt@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk if its easier.

Regards

Marc

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:17   #20
mattb1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Do you need fixed or detatchable and twin or single electrics? Can you also let me know which model (i.e. SE Lux, R-Design, etc) vehicle you are buying.

Email me @ mt@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk if its easier.

Regards

Marc
Emailed. Thanks Oh and single electrics (missed it off the email)
mattb1971 is offline   Reply With Quote