Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Today

Views : 2657

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2006, 21:00   #11
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Tbh, I don't like the look of the creased rear quarter panel.......but I'm not in the panel beating trade. I hope someone who is can be more positive.....
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 21:11   #12
SaffronC70
aka Whitey

Sorry to read about this one.

Glad everyone is ok !

Do I detect a hint that Adeiu wants to get another toy and this being his opportunity ?

Chris
SaffronC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 22:21   #13
TJMurphy
VOC Member

Glad your family are OK, as others have said that's by far the main thing. Whiplash can take a couple of days to develop though so make sure they take it easy for a bit.

Some dozy prat drove into the back of my wife's car two weeks ago - no damage to either car but she's had whiplash type pain ever since, very nasty. I'd hate to think what state she would have been in if it had been hit as hard as yours - she only has a Fiat Punto and it's actually the first time she's seriously thought that it doesn't provide her with a lot of protection.
TJMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 22:40   #14
5lab

tricky to say - if the rear panel is bent then probably a financial writeoff - however from the pics it looks like it might just be a case of new talegate, lights and bumper - probably a grand at the most, even from volvo
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 13:59   #15
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lab
tricky to say - if the rear panel is bent then probably a financial writeoff - however from the pics it looks like it might just be a case of new talegate, lights and bumper - probably a grand at the most, even from volvo
from one of the pics you can see the rear wing is creased aswell

sorry mate but i wouldn't like to guess either way
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 16:36   #16
dipsta
Master Member

bugger me! glad they are all alright!
Get better soon guys!!
god damn italian car drivers!
dipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 20:15   #17
Engineer
Rubbing son is racing....

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by adieu
Just like to thank everyone for their good will and thoughts.

So what do we think right off or repair?
Nice to hear that only the material things were damaged mate, going by your pics. the Alfa's a Cat C, the 4x4 is a Cat D and yours is a tap up the back but a financial (insurance) right off lol.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 21:51   #18
russya

Glad to hear wifey & son are OK.
You must feel gutted about the car, but I hope that you do get the T-5R back on the road soon.
russya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 11:02   #19
JCT5R

Hi Ian
1st things first,glad the family are ok.
We spoke last week regarding the work you have had done on the car,gutted for you.

If the car isnt a write off i have a set of back light lenses (slightly faded) you can have for free to help you keep the cost down a bit depending on what happens with the car and whether its a write off or not.

John.

Last edited by JCT5R; Feb 5th, 2006 at 11:16.
JCT5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 15:41   #20
adieu
Master Member

Default Thanks

Hi people

This is the wife that got hit by the 4x4. Thank you for all the kind messages that have been posted. I have spoken to my stepson who is suffering from back ache at the moment but as a resiliant 10 year old he is fine, if a little shaken! His main concern at the time was me.....as I was a crying, gibbering wreck! My first thought was about the car, believe it or not, as it is the "other halves pride and joy" (but some of you will no doubt know that already!).

I am fine apart from the fact that at the moment I have limited movement in my back and neck. Went to collect some bits out of the car the other day and seeing it again sent shudders down my spine. Initially when we brought it I was not too keen on owning a Volvo...now my opinion has changed that much that I insisted the courtesy car was a Volvo!

I am hoping that the car can be fixed at this whole nasty mess can be put behind us.....if the "powers that be" think it cant be fixed I am going to insist on a 2nd opinion, as the police and fire bods that were there seemed to think the damage was minimal!

Once again thank you for the messages that you posted and fingers crossed you should soon see the green devil back on the road.....and fingers crossed I will be the one behind the wheel!

Jacqui
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote