Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

gdi faulty injector stuck in the head.

Views : 1616

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 15:09   #11
davidstrongbow

ok thanks, the heads off, and its not too bad in there tbh. ive got all four of the injectors out now, the stuck one took some wellie to knock it through, two of the other three were stuck also, one came out easy. im going to copper clip them back in in case of future problems, have cleaned the pistons and the bores look a1, so am about to reassemble, just hope i can remember where everything goes....

at least i will know that everything is back together ok!
davidstrongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 17:03   #12
davidstrongbow

well its all finished an back together, decoked everything i could see. replaced 2 injectors in the end, new head gasket/bolts, timing belt, cleaned the tb and egr. and shes running sweet. thanks for all your help!

a quick tip, on the engine mounting there is an unused bolt hole, if you find the correct length bolt and screw it down it will push the rocker on the tensioner down allowing you to adjust the belt without removing the bottom guard. the correct bolt just happens to be the long one off the alternator bracket...
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 17:21   #13
Dog_Book
Idiot

Nice one got any pica of the engine apart ?

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 18:32   #14
davidstrongbow

ive got one of the egr cos i was so shocked but thats all. ill look up how to upload one here
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 20:31   #15
davemacey

Glad to hear all went well in the end Dave, and thanks for your input on my post. I've got someone coming tomorrow to take a look at my tickover problem. I've been having a good look today and can see plenty of carbon in the intake, through the throttle "flap". I'll see what the tuning guy says tomorrow, and then I'll have a go at taking the egr valve off and cleaning it up. Just for today I sprayed some WD40 on the intake flap to ensure its movement is not hampered and it all seems ok. The only thing now is the orange engine warning light has come on. The engine is running well and the tickover has improved, but still not correct.
davemacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 21:12   #16
D5driver
No Spam here

Too late, you already completed it

One things for sure. No matter how bad something may be, it will have been much much worse and with lots more drama for the spammer
D5driver is offline   Reply With Quote