Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Oil Level Check ?

Views : 34623

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 18th, 2010, 19:20   #11
Volvo4skier

Default Transmission Dipstick V8

Further research has indicated that there is NO dipstick for the transmissions on the xc90 v8 since 2005. Apparently it has an overflow plug.

See attachment concerning Volvo transmissions.

Hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Technical Session 2008 - Volvo Club of BC.pdf (136.2 KB, 160 views)
Volvo4skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 18:52   #12
begbpc

I know there is a check plug for the 06 XC90 V8 Trans, but do I check it hot or cold? Cycle through gears?? anyhelp if greatly appreciated.
begbpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2016, 06:50   #13
OSIANOR

Default My XC90 (2006) IS SLUGGISH

1) I have been having issues with the car movement recently, its not moving fast anymore, it has become very sluggish on the road and i don't know what to do.

2) And again, i will like someone to describe to me the exact position of gear box gauge stick/drain in the car.

Many Thanks
OSIANOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2016, 11:09   #14
laundryman
The Engineer

If you do not have a dip stick ie car is post 2006, then: Remove lower engine shield. start engine and get to running temp. Find gearbox drain plug. It has a TORX head bolt in the middle. Remove CENTRE bolt of gearbox drain plug. Drain plug has tube built into it to set height of oil in box. If oil is just dripping out thats ok. If no oil then remove fill plug in top (TORX 60) under air filter and fill via funnel & piece of pipe.
DO NOT STOP ENGINE WITH CENTRE BOLT REMOVED. as it will dump the oil in the cooler out and your car will then be sluggish as it will be short of oil!
If oil is coming out dark brown then needs flushing/replacing. (do search on Gibbons Method)
OK?
laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote