Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Why have I been made to feel this way? Answers on a postcard...

Views : 4526

Replies : 61

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 16:35   #11
SaffronC70
aka Whitey

As I've said a few times before, it's very hard to interpret things on a bulletin board, as things can be read differently.

"wow, that's great" can be interpreted a number of ways, as an example, from very positive to very negative.

Do come along, if you are not too far away.

I think the SW/MTE fan day is more inclined towards meets at SW autos when MTE is about, lol !

Chris
3" SW Autos turbo back exhaust - Custom intake - S60R Green Injectors - TD04-19T turbo - MTE ECU remap - BSR Boost Gauge - Powerflex / QBM bushes - 19" Volvo Pegasus alloy wheels - Porsche 993 Turbo Big Red calipers - Volvo S60R front discs - AP Racing Pads - 2004 headlamps and indicators - Koni Yellow Suspension Kit
SaffronC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 17:05   #12
doorman

Blimy, this sounds worse than the Clue Clux Clan, making it sound like mte is becoming a racist thing, hope there is nothing wrong about using Pirelli tyres or Amsoil in the engine, if so I'll have to stand in the corner then Lol.
Come on mate, chill out, all the meets I have attended at The CB, none of these problems have EVER happened. Infact, one of my good chums Karl has the exact same car, even down to the same colour as mine, his has a Rica & mine a TME, but we aint throwing H P's at each other, infact we paced our cars the last meet, and both vehicles performed exactly the same, so no animosity, I'm happy with what I have, and Karl is happy with what he has, no problem.
So come on Dan, come on over, its all one happy family, there is no bitching of any kind here I can assure you.
Regards
Dave
V70 'R' AWD
doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 17:10   #13
Bob
Club Director

I will reply to this over the weekend. A number of issues are raised here, issues I am well aware of.

Bob

1995 850 T5 auto estate. 280hp 289K miles and purrrs
2009 Jap import V70 2.5T 200hp 51K miles
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 17:11   #14
SIAMBLUE
Premier Member

Hi Dan everyone is welcome along to the CB, I am one of the lucky people that frequent all 3 web sites, and go to all 3 of the meetings when they are on,
I listen to all of the crap going on, but i have my own views but tend to keep stum so my love of the T5 can blossom,

all the best Gary.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 18:09   #15
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Funny thing is...once upon a time the exact reverse was true. RICA was king and anyone doing anything else was a silly n00b...or Phil

A number of us spent a very long time battling with what we saw as RICA's unjust advantage in the chipping market. I totally agree that the situation mustn't be allowed to be reversed, as there is little doubt in my mind that they are both great products. Naturally, some people won't be able to stop themselves gloating now RICA have finally been caught with their trousers down with respect to their claims.

You know this isn't how it is 'in real life' Dan. Turn up and you'll be warmly welcomed. I must meet you at last - it's been a VERY long time since you posted me those 360 econ gauge installation instructions!

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 18:36   #16
Dan F
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adieu
Does this mean I have to stand in a corner on my own because i'm one of the few with a Hybrid turbo from Turbo Technics and not a 19T? Seem to remember you slated TT good and proper DAN...

Well come along to the next CB as i'm sure i could use the company in the corner for non standard tuning...

Above is meant as a Joke, maybe.

Dan please come along i'm sure you would enjoy the day and if nothing else i'll buy you a beer/shady/coke.

Regards

Iain
Hi Iain.
Sorry to say it, but again you have missed my point.
What have hybrid turbos or 19Ts got to do with my post?
You have an MTE map do you not? You had a RICA did you not? You attend the CB meets regularly do you not?
Whether I have slated TT at any point or not, I was merely stating my opinion on the marketing article posted, and not trying to sway anyone based on product I wish to sell.
Please read again and under stand that I am only trying to open a debate on why this board has lost it lustre and am trying to open the door of discussion on the fact that many people might be put off going to a CB meet because of what is on here.
Admittedly it is still on the popular side.

Chris/Iain
I will do my best to make a CB meet if I can.

Dan.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 18:39   #17
adieu
Master Member

I really do hope you make the Next one it would be nice to meet you face to face
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 18:42   #18
Dan F
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman
Blimy, this sounds worse than the Clue Clux Clan, making it sound like mte is becoming a racist thing, hope there is nothing wrong about using Pirelli tyres or Amsoil in the engine, if so I'll have to stand in the corner then Lol.
Come on mate, chill out, all the meets I have attended at The CB, none of these problems have EVER happened. Infact, one of my good chums Karl has the exact same car, even down to the same colour as mine, his has a Rica & mine a TME, but we aint throwing H P's at each other, infact we paced our cars the last meet, and both vehicles performed exactly the same, so no animosity, I'm happy with what I have, and Karl is happy with what he has, no problem.
So come on Dan, come on over, its all one happy family, there is no bitching of any kind here I can assure you.
Regards
Dave
V70 'R' AWD
Hi Dave.
Little over the top in your comparison there I think.
Be under no illusions I am not fretting, just trying to get a healthy debate going, ultimately about the state of this board and how it has been 'poisoned' by commercial posts and how the monthly meet looks to all intents and purposes, like a gathering of the 'converted'. If they truely aren't great, but my car doesn't look the same from being sat inside it as it does from the outside. catch my drift?
Cheers,
Dan.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 18:44   #19
Dan F
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaffronC70
As I've said a few times before, it's very hard to interpret things on a bulletin board, as things can be read differently.

"wow, that's great" can be interpreted a number of ways, as an example, from very positive to very negative.

Do come along, if you are not too far away.

I think the SW/MTE fan day is more inclined towards meets at SW autos when MTE is about, lol !

Chris
All too true.
However I have been here longer than most and so I am sure people will know where I am coming from.
I am in the Midlands, so it is a fair trek, but not if we can coincide it with something else.
Cheers,
Dan.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 18:47   #20
Dan F
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by covcrew.co.uk
i do appologise, i did use the word "bullying" & was over the top sorry

only those who have done so know the true reason they changed

well i do hope your wrong about the future of the CB meets but only time will tell

take it easy mate

Duane
No need to apologise mate. I know what you meant.
I hope I am wrong too. This used to be my no.1 board, I hope it will be again.

Have a great weekend bud.
Dan.