Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine system service required

Views : 17928

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 07:28   #11
SiRS2000
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steed View Post
Took my V50 in for the free safety inspection last week. Quite good (and came back nice and clean). Trouble is they also did the D5 oil recall work. Guess what? I now have "Engine system service required" showing whenever I start the car!

I have been unable to get the car back to the dealer yet, but on the phone he said it probably wasn't related to the recall. However, another Volvo dealer told me that he knew of two cars where this had happened, because the software had become "confused" by the upgrade!

I am taking the car in to my local garage for new front pads on Monday; I may just ask them to drain another half litre of oil and clear the fault message (if they can). Oil is well up to the max mark on the dipstick when cold.
John this sounds just like the fault I had with mine after the recal work was carried out so i would get the dealership to investigate the fault as it should be just the software update & nothing else.
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 11:35   #12
John Steed

You're quite right , SiRS, it's not sensible to try fixing this outside the dealer network.

Took the car back to the dealer this morning. Software re-loaded and all seems OK now (at the moment anyway!).

The annoying thing is the car is lovely and was driving like a dream before the recall work. It was tempting not to have it done, but I suppose Volvo would then deny any liability if things went wrong in the future.

Thanks for the advice; would be interested to hear if you have any more trouble!
John Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 13:45   #13
SiRS2000
Master Member

No John I have had no other trouble with the car & like your self I was reluctant take the car in for this work to be done as I have heard iin the past of other cars having software updates to improve one thing or another and the car then not running as well as it did before hand but thankfully everything seems just tickity boo.

I will post back hear if the problem reoccurs.
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 20:25   #14
Firstvolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irshaad View Post
hi All,
i've got simillar problem on my s40 year 2006, i went to kwik-fit and they put in on the computer and the fault reads - A610, CAN COMMUNICATION FAULT.
can somebody please advise what this is?
thanks.
Hi, I was wondering if you managed to sort this problem? My 2008 S40 1.6D is showing the same fault a610 and I am having difficulty finding out what the cause is. Would appreciate any help on this particular fault.

Thanks
Firstvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote