Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

brake failure stop safely"

Views : 19420

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 4th, 2014, 21:48   #11
Wooders

Seem to be writing this alot recently,but, remove the CEM and clean all the contacts. Mine does it when the wife stuffs her handbag against or kicks the CEM with her clown feet.
Also can cause,central locking, limp mode, electric windows, electric mirrors, temp sensor etc issues. ( didn't cure the whine,that was the wife!! lol)
Wooders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2014, 13:45   #12
Tomdoode

Default Same issue !

Hi I have the same issue with my S40 randomly pops up with brake failure stop safely but before it does that the anti skid service message pops up. the brakes work fine but as soon as the brake failure notice pops up i have no acceleration whatsoever & also the wipers also start moving. the only way that seems to cure it for some reason is putting aircon on full on the feet setting. then pull the main ecu fuse / handle to reset it. i have tried to plug a code reader in & the only thing that pops up is lost communication with cruise control module. there was no faults / codes on before the anti skid etc.
sounds similar ??

can anyone help ??
Tomdoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2015, 20:14   #13
santoli3

Default 10s solution to brake failure stop safely warning

This video allowed me to rescue my wife in 10 seconds flat (well, o.k., 10 seconds plus the 5 minute Google search before I left, plus the drive to get there...) when she got the brake failure stop safely warning combined with an immobilizer lock out!
https://youtu.be/FHyE8Vm1QIA
santoli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2015, 13:00   #14
ST02HRT

I have a 2006 V50. Same problem "brake failure - stop safely" and "anti-skid service required" and "Immobiliser - see manual" and the wipers turned on mysteriously. Left the car for a while and it started up with perfect brakes.
I fixed it for free. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqkhZmDnHQ
In my case, the floor mat in the passenger footwell had been pushed forward and was pushing the computer modules slightly out of the sockets. Moved the mat and pushed the things firmly back into the sockets. Problem gone!
A volvo dealer could have charged me a lot of money for this. The moral is; check his forum whenever you get a strange problem. You might just save yourself a lot of money.
ST02HRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2017, 22:15   #15
calvarez7sx3w7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdoode View Post
Hi I have the same issue with my S40 randomly pops up with brake failure stop safely but before it does that the anti skid service message pops up. the brakes work fine but as soon as the brake failure notice pops up i have no acceleration whatsoever & also the wipers also start moving. the only way that seems to cure it for some reason is putting aircon on full on the feet setting. then pull the main ecu fuse / handle to reset it. i have tried to plug a code reader in & the only thing that pops up is lost communication with cruise control module. there was no faults / codes on before the anti skid etc.
sounds similar ??

can anyone help ??
Did you ever find the fix to your car? I have a 2011 s40 and am having this issue now.
calvarez7sx3w7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2017, 22:28   #16
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez7sx3w7 View Post
Did you ever find the fix to your car? I have a 2011 s40 and am having this issue now.
when the wipers come on it is a good indication that the cars network system is down , it carries all the signals and requests around the cars components via a pair of wires ..

The reason the wipers start up is for safety , the correct network signals keep them off , but if any faults happen and the signals disappear the wipers start up as this is their default when they have no instructions being sent to them ..