Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cd-rom

Views : 1569

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2014, 22:52   #11
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

I am trying to figure out whether I could give you direct FTP access to upload the files yourself somehow but I think that would leave me a little exposed... I think the only way is to give you my password unfortunately.

By far the quickest way to distribute is for you to share them as a Torrent file, if you're into that sort of thing and know what that means of course. Then as soon as a few people have downloaded it, if they leave it "seeding", each subsequent person will download it really quickly. No need for any file hosting.

http://lifehacker.com/5534190/how-to...ing-bittorrent

Last edited by baldmosher; Jun 5th, 2014 at 22:55.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 23:58   #12
Matt86
Premier Member

Yeah I know about torrents. Personally I'm not happy with torrents for the obvious reasons and of course I'm sure there's a few people out there who would download the files and then sell them on eBay which is not why I've done this in the first place.

BM - What I'd suggest is if your happy (and trusting) enough to give me your PM I can upload them (once I've done the how to as well) but if you change your password first I'll use that, Shout I've uploaded them (Can't imagine it taking more than 5 minutes) and you can change it back.

Car Photos
Matt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt86 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 00:27   #13
Dellboy56

Hi Matt, Thanks for the reply. Sad to say that computer wise you are talking the pc inept! Get past the three pin plug in the wall and I have no idea how the damn things work, my thirteen year old shoves me aside and puts it right if I mess it up, gimme a socket set anytime..lol.
If you fancy burning the info to discs I'm more than happy to cover your costs of discs, postage etc......
Dellboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 00:30   #14
Dellboy56

Hi Matt, Thanks for the reply. Sad to say that computer wise you are talking the pc inept! Get past the three pin plug in the wall and I have no idea how the damn things work, my thirteen year old shoves me aside and puts it right if I mess it up, gimme a socket set anytime..lol.
If you fancy burning the info to discs I'm more than happy to cover your costs of discs, postage etc......
Dellboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 15:17   #15
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Well, I am more than happy to host them on www.baldmosher.com, post links via my blogger account, with FOR FREE plastered all over them, as Google will spider the site within a matter of seconds and so anyone looking for these keywords...

Volvo HU1205 HU 1205 cd rom cdrom satnav sat nav discs download free torrent
(anything else I've forgotten to add there?)

...will find a nice helpful link right at the top to download them for free - and I'll host a Torrent file alongside so that anyone with uTorrent can use that if they prefer (it's faster and also saves my hosting bandwidth, not that I ever use any of it now!)

Of course we can't stop the more sneaky/entrepreneurial amongst us writing them to disc and selling them on eBay but the fact remains that the discs are copyrighted and so we can report them to eBay if they come up. Likewise if Volvo ever sent me a cease & desist order I would have* to remove the ISOs from my website but they cannot enforce it with Torrents as I'm not physically hosting the files.

*actually I would like to see them argue that I'm depriving them of revenue somehow, on the basis that their argument would require someone willing to pay £200 for satnav software from 2006, but you never know

Last edited by baldmosher; Jun 6th, 2014 at 15:20.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 14:59   #16
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Please note, the URL won't work just yet, as I'm still uploading the data, but just a bump, as I do have them from Matt86 now, and they'll be available soon from:

http://www.baldmosher.com/files/Volv...nav-cdroms.zip

No idea how long it'll take to upload... 1.2GB so could be a while!

Bookmark it now and come back tomorrow... hopefully should be done by then!

I'll load it as a Torrent file when I get home later tonight for those who are more tech-inclined, as it's quicker to download that way
Old Feb 20th, 2015, 18:07   #17
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Just updating this thread before I delete it from my subscriptions....

I've finally managed to share the CDs with BTSync, I couldn't get it working on my website, the files were too big to upload. I'll have a go at splitting them into 20 100MB chunks and try that again at some point but for now, Torrent is the future...

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=223519