Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo on call (and other question)

Views : 10552

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 9th, 2012, 10:29   #11
iwanders

Thanks, just looked in to 2012 PDf and nothing on sim card. Just looked at the 2011 version, and found the section, but that looks to be where you place the sim card for the in-built phone. Not where the On Call sim card goes (which I suspect is hidden away somewhere).
iwanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 15:15   #12
844PHW
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanders View Post
Thanks, just looked in to 2012 PDf and nothing on sim card. Just looked at the 2011 version, and found the section, but that looks to be where you place the sim card for the in-built phone. Not where the On Call sim card goes (which I suspect is hidden away somewhere).
Okay, I mis-understood your question. I didn't think you would want to be fiddling with the embedded sim card.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 16:46   #13
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanders View Post
Are you looking at an XC90 manual rather than XC60?

The XC90 has a built in phone that requires a SIM, the XC60 has a bluetooth connection to your phone, therefore no SIM card (at least not for the phone)
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 17:37   #14
844PHW
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Are you looking at an XC90 manual rather than XC60?

The XC90 has a built in phone that requires a SIM, the XC60 has a bluetooth connection to your phone, therefore no SIM card (at least not for the phone)
My xc60 does not have volvo-on-call, but according to the user manual, if you have, the on-call hardware has a place to plug in your own sim card so you can make your own calls without needing to use a bluetooth link. You then have the potential problem of having two phones - your mobile and the cars, so bluetooth seems a simpler way to go.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:48   #15
andyb5

I took my XC90 into the dealer again today and had it looked at by a "Master Tech" apparantley some Model Year 12.5 vehicles have been fitted a with a new but faulty Volvo On Call module. I have now had to book my car in for later this week to have this rectified. They checked some volvo computer system that showed the car was connecting to VOC and then immediately disconnecting from it. I'll let you know if they fix it. If yours is a model year 12.5 then you probably have this problem.

Hope this helps.
andyb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:19   #16
iwanders

Thanks for your feedback andyb5, not sure how I tell if my XC60 is a 12.5 though, it's brand new, and built within the last month or 2, so if there is a "new" module then I would have thought it would have been fitted with it. I will mention your findings to the dealer when I take mine in next week.
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 15:56   #17
iwanders

Just spoken to the dealers that have had my car over the last few days (they were also looking at the wind / whistle noise), and they say the Volvo On Call is now ok. They said that "there was an issue at Volvo's end".

Due to work I can't pick the car up until Sat now, so I will have to wait and see before I can check all is ok for myself.
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 18:44   #18
andyb5

I'm glad they fixed it. After numerous people checking mine they suddenly realised they had failed to activate on-call in a hidden menu. !!!!

My only problem now is I can't get the iPhone App to work properly..

Is there any one on this forum that has experience of using the Volvo on Call with the new iPhone App. I have followed the instructions explicitly but seem to fail when the iPhone says "Waiting for the car to ready itself.

Dealer can't help as they have no training in this area and Volvo On Call also say they have had no training and just refer me back to the dealer...

Does anyone know how to get this working??
andyb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 20:22   #19
iwanders

Got the car back today, and the in car Volvo on call seems to be fixed. I press the button and it connects me. I tried to register my details before I left the dealer (so I could try the iPhone app), but unfortunately the systems were down, so couldn't. I have just registered now, and then tried the iPhone app, and guess what, I am having issues as well. I put in the required details, and then get a pop up saying "Registration failed. More than one vehicle is connected to the registration number entered".

I press the on call button to speak to them, but they couldn't do anything, I asked if they could see anything unusual, but they said no, and that they could just see all the expected info like location and door status.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with one dealer registering the car, and then the other dealer also registering it again in the last few days to fix the original issue.

Not happy, will have to see what the dealer(s) say about it on Monday.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 16:10   #20
iwanders

Did you ever get your iPhone app connecting to the On-call andyb5. I'm still having issues with mine 2 1/2 weeks on, both dealers have apparently reported it to Volvo, and I heard back from one of them today saying that there had been issues with the server and to try again, and to also make sure on latest software version, and to download app again.

Suffice to say, I am on latest software, and deleting and re-downloading the app had made no difference.