Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Manufacturer / order leadtime

Views : 3475

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 11th, 2009, 22:42   #11
ZERO-TO-XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Zero-to-XC60

I notice that you are going for the manual option - can I suggest that you look at the geartronic, this car is superb with the 6 speed, even better that my old v70 which was 5 speed.

The High Performance sound is EXCELLENT

The other thing I would recommend, almost mandatory, is the Front Park Assist - this car really needs it as you cannot see the front at all You should also get teh SupaGard treatment, I have had it done to all my cars and it really is worth the £299.

BTW, mine took 7 weeks from order to delivery, but now the dealer says it is 10-12 weeks
Must admit i was tempted by the geartronic but I am a manual box man and couldnt justify another £1400 on top of the £33k already spent. Also, the manual is 6 speed and gives better figures for acceleration / top speed and mpg. When I did test drive in auto,it seemed a bit hesitant when you kicked down - bit of a delay before picking up its heels.
Regards supagard, I'll look into it as the stone black will be a nightmare to keep clean
Thought about front sensors but not sure if they would be a pain in traffic and keep telling you how close you are to car in front. and if I have the music on high, would I hear it ?
ZERO-TO-XC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 13:58   #12
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Zero-to-XC60

The parking sensores have not been an issue for me as they have only worked when I have been parking, but even if you have your music loud you will hear them - the reduce the volume to let you hear them (both front and rear)

I have to say that I have not noticed any lag on either my car, nor any of the ones that I drove before, the response is instantaneous, faster than I could double declutch, change, then accelerate

IMHO really well worth it, in fact all the dealers that I spoke to before buying were relectant to sell a manual (and not just because they make more money ) and now I see why.
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 15:12   #13
gillberry
VOC Member

I was originally going to go for a manual but after the test drive in a geartronic and now having owned mine for nearly a month I'm glad I didn't get a manual . The driving so suits the geartronic and they do go when you press the throttle .

1968 Amazon estate (Gracie).
2003 Vauxhall astra estate (her car)
2009 XC90 (Jo) .
Not forgetting 1967 Cheltenham Nyala (caravan)
gillberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 21:11   #14
ak888

I've had no real issues witht he parking sensors in traffic -front and rear (and its been commented by some that I don't stop with a sufficient gap!). It sometimes goes off if a pedestrian walks through the gap or a bike or cyclist squeezes through.

They do sometimes go off when turning down tight roads with cars parked on both sides (think tight one way streets where to have to drive slow down) - as you turn, the front can get rather close and the sensors goes off.

There is a button to switch the sensors off if required.

After having parking sensors for so many years I can't imagine parking without them.
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 21:53   #15
ZERO-TO-XC60

Well I called Volvo today and amended my order..............

Stereo upgrade and subwoofer !!!!

Staying manual and no front park assist.

Still got December delivery date BUT they say it MAY come in by a week or two !

Just hope you dont all get the opportunity to say I told you so.

Last edited by ZERO-TO-XC60; Oct 12th, 2009 at 22:29.
ZERO-TO-XC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 22:26   #16
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERO-TO-XC60 View Post
Just hope you dont all get the opportunity to say I told you so.
Welcome to the XC60 club, or it will be soon

How could we ever say ... I told you so, as it is your car and your choice, besides as you haven't ordered the things we suggested you will never know the advantages that they bring

I hope it comes in 2 weeks, you will make many people very jealous if it does!!

good luck, keep smiling
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 01:01   #17
tangey

Anyone any thoughts or knowledge of what point the dealer knows that the car is definitely on its way. I ordered XC60 mid Oct, was told 1st week or so of December. I phoned yesterday and dealer checked and said it was still showing the same date, given that the delivery time is only a couple of weeks away, should I be reasonably confident at this point that its gonna stick to target ?
Also I assume dealer gets advised when its physically left the factory and on its way, which I imagine will be in about a week, so I should be getting some definte into from dealer around that time ?

Regards

Ian
tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 21:08   #18
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangey View Post
Anyone any thoughts or knowledge of what point the dealer knows that the car is definitely on its way. I ordered XC60 mid Oct, was told 1st week or so of December. I phoned yesterday and dealer checked and said it was still showing the same date, given that the delivery time is only a couple of weeks away, should I be reasonably confident at this point that its gonna stick to target ?
Also I assume dealer gets advised when its physically left the factory and on its way, which I imagine will be in about a week, so I should be getting some definte into from dealer around that time ?

Regards

Ian

I got the order number from my dealer and phoned Volvo Support and asked them for the date - then I told the dealer

As I recall it was 10 weeks from flash to bang
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 21:22   #19
ZERO-TO-XC60

Ordered 9th September with a promise date of 7th December - originally I thought it would be about 8 wks from order so was quite annoyed to find it was nearly 13 wks !!!

I spoke to dealer a few wks ago to be informed order date moved to the 4th December and could improve further.

Today I rang to sort order an extra rear number plate for my cycle carrier and was informed car will arrive on the 29th November and I can pick up from the Wednesday after having styling kit / mudflaps and detacheable tow bar fitted.

Excited is not the word.

So for any one waiting for delivery things look to be roughly about a week ahead of first promise date.
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 22:22   #20
ZERO-TO-XC60

Its here !!!

Dealer rang me this morning - it arrived late Saturday afternoon. They have fitted the dealer fit bits and I'm off to Volvo tommorrow afternoon to pick up.

Just loading some tunes to a USB to test the stereo upgrade on the way home via a long detour.