Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto breaking

Views : 5280

Replies : 65

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2011, 17:03   #11
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Do you have a load cover? any colour will do....

Cheers
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 02:37   #12
rogerb
Lets take it to bits

Default Centre speaker

I throught that the centre speaker had been promesed to me at the xmas tb meet,
by the main man him self.

Regards Rogerb
rogerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 08:56   #13
messes

Hi,

Do you still have the car?

Would you be able to supply any of the following, and how much would they be?

Brake Vacuum Servo
Headlight Wiper motor's (both sides)
Drivers side front indicator.

Thanks
messes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 09:29   #14
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Sorry about the slow replies folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g11 View Post
Any idea if the fuel lines for this will fit a 96 850 T5? I need the ones from the tank to the filter and the filter to the back of the engine. They are the push fit, supposedly quick release ones.
I don't know if they'll fit, but I suspect so. I can check with VADIS when I get a minute though...will be in touch. I'll also have to check that the engine bay sections are in good condition following the engine removal....we were rushing at the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsmurray View Post
Is the alloy darker than the standard C70 one? My NSF wheel is cracked thanks to a monster pothole.
As Andrew says, yours are probably 7.5"...but you never know, as this C70 had 7s from a V70R fitted. If you remove one of the wheels, you can confirm it by reading the stamping on the reverse of one of the spokes - either 17x7J, or 17x7.5J. Before you go to that trouble, though, I should mention that the alloy is already spoken for, but I'll put you down as being second in line, in case that falls through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.h View Post
I'm after the relay for the remote boot release. It's in the underdash (drivers side) fuse box and not the engine bay one. It is green in colour and the part no. is 9494787.
Hi Andy,

Excuse my ignorance...is this fusebox in the interior (opposed to being the one just in front of the windscreen, in that plastic cowling)? If so, I don't think I've seen it before! The relay will be there, and I'm sure we can remove it for you...if we can find it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
Do you still have the original headunit?
Hi Rich,

The car originally had an SC-900, which did what all 900/901s seem to like doing, and failed. We still have it, and I imagine you can have it for peanuts if you wanted it for a core exchange unit for a repair place. I also have an SC-901 available, which works perfectly (last time I checked...will check again prior to selling), if that would be of interest...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxobarge View Post
Do you have a load cover? any colour will do....
I must confess to being slightly confused by this...when you say load cover, I picture the retractable cover from a *V*70. Is there a C70 equivalent that I'm not familiar with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
I throught that the centre speaker had been promesed to me at the xmas tb meet,
by the main man him self.
You've got me wondering now, Roger! I seem to recall a conversation where you asked for the speaker itself, and we said we were planning to sell the complete kit (dashtop / speaker / pro-logic processor)...but that you could buy the speaker if the kit didn't sell. Does that sound about right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by messes View Post
Hi,

Do you still have the car?

Would you be able to supply any of the following, and how much would they be?

Brake Vacuum Servo
Headlight Wiper motor's (both sides)
Drivers side front indicator.
Yes, the car is still here, and has in fact been given a stay of execution, because I can't find a trailer anywhere in the Lincoln area available on Friday!

Servo is there, but hissed when the master cylinder was removed. I think this is normal, but I need to do a sanity check on that one...! It may also have been damaged during engine removal, as we were in quite a hurry, and didn't think anyone would want it! I'll check it, anyway.

H/L wiper motors are there and worked...but are an utter pig to remove. Since it's a scrapper, I'll most likely cut the front panel to get them out.

The car itself is missing its indicators (it had the front lights from a 2003+ C70...now sold), but I do have some. I'll have to check condition, as I don't think they're that great.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 10:34   #15
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
I must confess to being slightly confused by this...when you say load cover, I picture the retractable cover from a *V*70. Is there a C70 equivalent that I'm not familiar with?
Duh! Sorry, I'm an idiot - or at least I didn't read the thread title properly! Hey ho - thanks for reply anyway! Cheers
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 11:47   #16
andy.h

Default Re: relay

It's in the interior. To access the relay you need to remove the panel under the steering column. (The one with the footwell light in) It's not difficult as it's only one torx screw. If you look upwards from the footwell you'll see the fuse box containing the relays. In saying this I'm assuming that the coupe is the same as the convertible which I have.

Also, does this model have the auto-dimming interior mirror. If so I would be interested in that too.

Andy
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:42   #17
mrdave2003
Premier Member

are the rear bumper brackets any good? one of mine has rusted through. These are the U shaped brackets that are held onto the car by 2 bolts and a long vertical bolt goes through the the bumper from the bottom. Thanks.
mrdave2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 14:19   #18
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

No worries about the load cover. I have a broken one in beige, but I imagine that's no good to you!

Ok, I'll have a look for the relay tonight, if I can. No auto-dimming mirror, I'm afraid. If there was, I think it might be in a certain V70R by now

Bumper bolts...well the bumper is still attached, but I think they'll be bent from the impact. These might be worth pricing up new from FRF. Items like this are often surprisingly cheap. For example, I was quoted £20 for a second-hand 'R' bumper grille (OS)...while it was £11 brand new.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 16:21   #19
doorman

Default trim

Does it have the redwood trim around the gear shift?
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 18:23   #20
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

I'm not particularly familiar with which colour is which, but I think it's redwood, yes. It's the same colour as the wood on my old S70, and lighter than the brown wood in the V70R.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164