Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

First "No Tax Disc" Tax Disc Renewal...(Web address Wrong!)

Views : 2210

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 25th, 2014, 23:32   #11
940Graeme
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrator View Post
Transaction completed OK. I have just spent £126.50 buying nothing (other than a bit of peace of mind I suppose). Perhaps I can stick a beer mat up in place of the ubiquitous disc?
no No Migrator, I think it has been agreed that this is now the official VOC Forum tax disc replacement...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bacon logo.jpg (212.1 KB, 2 views)
940Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 940Graeme For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 06:36   #12
Anadinolin
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrator View Post
Helpful, yes, but not a change from the old system.

At least there was not an embarrassing 'stop' at the roadside!
Been a whole 8 months without Mot accidentally. Prev owner gave me fake documents to get me to buy the car. I kept the thing in a roadworthy condition though, if police pulled me (which never happened) I would have asked them if I could take it to the nearest mot station and prove its roadworthyNess as an mot is only as good as the day its done
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 08:39   #13
tickedon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anadinolin View Post
if police pulled me (which never happened) I would have asked them if I could take it to the nearest mot station and prove its roadworthyNess as an mot is only as good as the day its done
Doubt they'd have bought it - you'd still be stuck with a ticket I bet. Coppers these days just don't have any common sense.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 08:51   #14
Thrustyjust

Whichever way you look at it, no MOT , means invalid insurance, regardless of how roadworthy your car is.
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 21:58   #15
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

check your MOT and TAX there

and

www.askmid.co.uk to check you're insured
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 22:31   #16
Thrustyjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

check your MOT and TAX there

and

www.askmid.co.uk to check you're insured
Sadly, if my 72 year old mother, who has only recently learnt how to send photos on her phone, who doesn't have internet access on said phone, is not really going to be able to be able to do that, if someone bumps her car, rather than checking in the windscreen for in date tax disc, which would alarm her to something being fishy !! I think this is the major flaw in loosing road tax, is the instant check on cars, that anyone can do.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 23:03   #17
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustyjust View Post
Sadly, if my 72 year old mother, who has only recently learnt how to send photos on her phone, who doesn't have internet access on said phone, is not really going to be able to be able to do that, if someone bumps her car, rather than checking in the windscreen for in date tax disc, which would alarm her to something being fishy !! I think this is the major flaw in loosing road tax, is the instant check on cars, that anyone can do.
sadly with modern printers, flashing a bit of paper saying here's my insurance policy, or a disc in the window saying tax paid, means very little

days of cheque books is numbered, and shops even look at cash with suspicion, most 70 year olds are internet savvy, or know someone who is, and if in todays world they take something printed as genuine at face value, then it's an indication of living in a bygone time.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 23:43   #18
Thrustyjust

Maybe so, but I still see tax discs out of date in screens, from people who cant be bothered to counterfeit it......... Even the local post van was out of date by a month once outside our house !!
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 16:28   #19
lyron
Premier Member

Talking

we just taxed our landrover.on line, received the confermation e mail. so I thought... have a look on the web link and lo and behold. our car is not on the bloomin register. great system innit..

ron.
elldis odessey 4 berth tin tent.
lyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 17:53   #20
Thrustyjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyron View Post
we just taxed our landrover.on line, received the confermation e mail. so I thought... have a look on the web link and lo and behold. our car is not on the bloomin register. great system innit..

ron.
I'll be printing mine off and sticking it in the glovebox. I believe it takes 7 days to appear on the register.