Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Car Modem Internet Issues

Views : 3654

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 17th, 2023, 09:14   #11
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
I have been having similar problems over the past week or so.

As a number of us are having similar problems it's likely to be a Vodafone problem rather than car-related.
Aren't the mobile providers turning off their 3g services as said earlier, and probably it's having an impact or downtime on masts during the changes.

I assume not all spa models have LTE modems? Especially the earlier 2018 and older models?
rhd443 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2023, 09:41   #12
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd443 View Post
I assume not all spa models have LTE modems? Especially the earlier 2018 and older models?
You're correct; early models have 3G modems. Not sure when LTE modems were introduced but was around MY18 or MY19.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2023, 10:00   #13
T8Nic

Similar issue here, my local VSC had set up the 100GB Vodafone LTE SIM when I bought the car around 6 months ago. The internet connection has been on/off over the last few days, I tried to login into Vodafone but could not find my username even though I had received their initial email 6 months ago

So I tried to do the whole procedure again with via inthecar.vodafone.com but I was unable to connect the car to the portal.

It feels like I am going back 20 yrs in technology - it should just work straight away without needing to do numerous steps inside/outisde the car etc. just too much fuss!
T8Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2023, 16:21   #14
T8Nic

Default Latest update

I went back to my local VSC and they gave a new Vodafone SIM to try to fix the issue. I installed the new SIM and connected it to the car successfully however it only worked for one trip before it was offline again

Last edited by T8Nic; Dec 19th, 2023 at 16:23.
Old Dec 20th, 2023, 12:57   #15
cejsmith
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd443 View Post
Aren't the mobile providers turning off their 3g services as said earlier, and probably it's having an impact or downtime on masts during the changes.

I'm having the same issue and minds a 21 plate so I wouldn't have thought I would have a 3g/4g issue
Skoda Superb 272 L&K estate sold
V90 CC B6
cejsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2023, 19:14   #16
John2K

Despite several interactions with Vodafone support, I have still not been able to pair my sim to car.

When the car was at the dealers recently and I mentioned it to them, they told me Volvo are discontinuing the Voda sims as they are so problematic.
John2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2023, 19:59   #17
Chudy85
Volvo family member

I am dealing with the same problem as you.
I have spoken with them and they told me that they have some issue for over the week.
I have uploaded pdf how to setup this sh...t card. But even that not working. Sometime switch on if you change from car modem into house wifi then you tick the modem again.
I fed up i think if they will not sort this until new year i will go to volvo if they can exchange this p-sim. Or will buy my own 3g card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20231221_101655.jpg (138.5 KB, 9 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf p-sim---retailer-instructions (2).pdf (506.0 KB, 8 views)
Old Dec 21st, 2023, 20:57   #18
T8Nic

I stopped by my local VSC today (again) to ask if there are aware of any issues affecting all cars which they weren't obviusly. They suggested that I speak with Vodadone directly, which is useless becuase they can't access my Internet-in-the-car profile.

I am tempted to just put in another SIM card and lose the money I paid for my 100GB via the VSC.
Old Dec 22nd, 2023, 06:45   #19
geordiev60

Angry

Adding a +1 for another person having this random connect via Vodafone issue (MY22 V60 T6 Recharge - Newcastle/Gateshead area)

There's no rhyme or rhythm to when it now decides to connect and when it doesn't. Same locations, different days of will connect right away, other times it won't. Turning the modern on/off in the settings didn't have any effect

Maybe in January when Vodafone have finished the 3G switch off things will settle down...

Very annoying...

Last edited by geordiev60; Dec 22nd, 2023 at 06:48.
geordiev60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2023, 19:13   #20
OldEngineer

Mine is mostly not connecting.

And I'm now finding that turning the Modem off and on does not always work. Today it took 3 attempts to wake up the Vodafone service.

The Three sim just worked and I'm tempted to go back to them. But it lets Vodafone of the hook!