Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for a 123gt

Views : 2560

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2016, 15:48   #11
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I think I did some work on this a good few years ago. Will check my photos
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2016, 16:21   #12
Triple-S
How Old?

Skysurfer - I agree as the current owner is a very good friend of mine. He doesn't look on Forums but I have pointed this subject out to him, so hopefully he will look when down after visiting an old-peoples home on Saturday.
That pic of LRL must be quite old as the currenty owner has had the car for ages - well over a decade.

Paul
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2016, 17:03   #13
jamie
amazon1954

I've got to say I have not seen it around Bath.....
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2017, 14:36   #14
greenmachine

Morning Andrew
I am the owner of LRL 123F how can I help ?

Robert
greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greenmachine For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2017, 15:09   #15
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

Welcome, Robert.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 00:08   #16
lost123GT

Default Hello Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
Morning Andrew
I am the owner of LRL 123F how can I help ?

Robert
Hi Robert! Happy New Year...thank you so much for popping up!

I just wanted to see how it was doing, actually it had a name, Alister, sadly enough LOL, so its really a he.

When I hit my mid life crisis I had to find another 123GT, this is why I bought the white one earlier in the thread, but I was always curious to find out how he was doing. He/it looks beautiful! I looked closely, it still has the dents in the front overriders - these were caused by me driving into the back of a pickup truck on the A308 at Hampton Court while I was eying up some girl on the pavement. And the number plate was one I replaced, the original was aluminium with a black face and a silver surround. This car was my obsession, I replaced the axle and gearbox as the originals were very noisy. I got these from Paul and Clara Field in Medway. I don't think they are trading any more. There are lots of weirdnesses you have probably seen, like the SUs with extra tube take offs sealed by lead plugs, these were brand new carbs for an MGB which I modified for the Volvo as the originals were shot..

I put the Realistic Minumus Sevens on the rear shelf and put a Kenwood radio and amp in it. I also tried mounting Minimus 3.5s on the front kick panels but that was not very successful.

The paint looks beautiful. I had it resprayed in about 1984 with cellulose lacquer, but it looks too nice to be that paint! There was also a weird paint mark on the roof on the passenger side plus a fag burn in the rear seat...

Dad got it at age 2 in 1969 with 18K miles, I can just remember picking it up in Hampton Court, it used to have a Motorola radio and "This thing called love" by Johnny Cash was on the radio as we drove home. I was 3. It came from a man in Truro. He called up the day after it was sold because he missed it so much. It used to run well on 5 star, but hated 4 star and used to pink and fart around. Never could solve that, also used to foul up the plugs and hesitate. We had the engine rebuilt which was a disaster by Oselli in Oxford. They painted it hammerite grey (ugh) for some reason, it never ran well after that. I think it was probably the color...

Oh - it used to leak like a whatsit. For a time I lived in Newcastle - on -Tyne and I regularly had to bale the drivers side out. One time the water actually froze on the rubber mat it was so cold!

Anyway, I could bore for Britain on this topic...if you want to know more trivialities (LOL) please email or call me..

If you are ever interested in selling it please do give me first refusal and I can scrap the other one as it is truly a mobile dustbin compared to this one hahahaha

Andrew - +1-610-283-8337, andrewcohen66 AT gmail.com
lost123GT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost123GT For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 16:47   #17
Ron Kwas
Premier Member

gm; Welcome to this forum also from me!

I'm "just up the road" from Andrew, and he has lamented to me several times about loosing that car, as I was helping him sort the replacement GT he found here stateside, but which apparently has not been treated nearly as well as LRL 123F. He was pretty dissapointed (to put it mildly!) with PO.

Andrew; How is the replacement working for you lately?...I hope you finally got it somewhat sorted and reliable, so that you can feel (almost) as good as you did with LRL.

Cheers from Connecticut!
Ron Kwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 16:55   #18
Triple-S
How Old?

FYI as far as I currently know, Paul and Clara Field did a swift runner way back last century as I was going to have my 164 restored by them. Be interested to know if they ever surfaced again.

Paul
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 22:43   #19
Derek UK
VOC Member

Cool

I think they split up. Maybe surprisingly, not all that long afterwards I saw that Clara was working as a saleswoman working at a Volvo dealer and had got an award from Volvo for her sales performance. Dealership somewhere out Woking way if I remember it right. Article was in the official Volvo mag that used to be issued then. I wonder how much they knew about her past.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 12th, 2017, 12:27   #20
greenmachine

Morning Andrew
A quick update on what I have done to LOL whole body repaint, new timing gear, carbs refurbished, transmission overhaul, unleaded head, s/s exhaust, plus all the usual consumables. The radio is still insitue, I left the dents in the overriders as part of LOL's character. The fag burn is still there must obtain some vinyl glue one day. AS with you LOL is a much cherished car recently used as the wedding car for my daughters wedding.

REgards

Robert
greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote