Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 T5 Major Service £550

Views : 4427

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 13:27   #11
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Cars in the USA have different service schedules to cars in Europe and the Uk, oil change interval etc are totally different, not comparing the same.

If your seat memory button was not fixed, go back to the dealership and ask them to fix it again, do not leave it not working.
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 13:31   #12
Edgecase

Here is the breakdown for those interested:

Original Service - £52.00
Gasket - £2.05
Oil Filter Insert - £16.60
Washer Fluid - £5.80
Service 2.0 Upgrade - £0.15
Edge Professional 0W/20 - £92.40
Spark Plugs Replace - £39
Spark Plug Kit - £59.50
Air Cleaner Passenger Replace - £26.00
Air Cleaner Engine Replace - £13.00
Multi-filter - £55
Air Filter Insert - £37.40
VIDA requirements:
Wear & Tear Inspection - £13.00
Powertrain Inspection - £26.00
Cleaning inside windscreen for front facing cameras (cars will collision) - £26.00

= £463 + 20% VAT = £556.68
Edgecase is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edgecase For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 14:17   #13
NickRno77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Here is the breakdown for those interested:

Original Service - £52.00
Gasket - £2.05
Oil Filter Insert - £16.60
Washer Fluid - £5.80
Service 2.0 Upgrade - £0.15
Edge Professional 0W/20 - £92.40
Spark Plugs Replace - £39
Spark Plug Kit - £59.50
Air Cleaner Passenger Replace - £26.00
Air Cleaner Engine Replace - £13.00
Multi-filter - £55
Air Filter Insert - £37.40
VIDA requirements:
Wear & Tear Inspection - £13.00
Powertrain Inspection - £26.00
Cleaning inside windscreen for front facing cameras (cars will collision) - £26.00

= £463 + 20% VAT = £556.68
How many miles if that maters ?
Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 14:45   #14
Edgecase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRno77 View Post
How many miles if that maters ?
Its a 2019 with 23k.
Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 14:59   #15
NickRno77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Its a 2019 with 23k.
Most of that work for service doesn’t need to be done especially plugs on a low mileage car IMO. Oil is critical of course,
Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 15:08   #16
NickRno77

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftgrub100 View Post
Cars in the USA have different service schedules to cars in Europe and the Uk, oil change interval etc are totally different, not comparing the same.

If your seat memory button was not fixed, go back to the dealership and ask them to fix it again, do not leave it not working.
I don’t see why it should be different in the UK as they are the same vehicles? Makes no sense.

I’ll get the another Volvo dealer to fix it, don’t trust my local dealer. I’ve got a good mind to ring Volvo Selekt and see if the dealer applied for warranty replacement.
Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 23:07   #17
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRno77 View Post
From US Volvo site, I can’t see how a Volvo dealer can justify charging £550 for minor work.

https://www.volvocarslisle.com/servi...e-schedule.htm
It may be 'minor work' but they still have to pay a technician to do it, provide a building for the technician to do it in, purchase parts and consumables, employ service advisors, provide 'free' coffee etc etc, and make a profit from doing it.

Drivers don't have to use Volvo dealers and are at liberty to use an independent to service their car, who will charge less.
Old Apr 23rd, 2023, 07:09   #18
Gordonep

I’m pretty much in the same position as Gleneagles- my first Volvo- 2019 V60 T5/ 20k miles odometer, the previous 25 years driving Merc. E Class estates, diesel and petrol.
My Volvo experience has been/ still is unsatisfactory- it feels like I’ve joined a secret society- useless handbooks, far too much reliance on technical features which make the DIY owner at a loss to do even simple tasks, and even after 2 years ownership the vehicle keeps surprising me with its little idiosyncrasies.
My latest problem is the possible need to replace the AGM Start/stop battery. One an easy job of a few minutes, now a minefield of exorbitant demand by main dealer (£420 to replace a £180 battery(top quality brand other,than Volvo) and so- called contradictory expert offers from major battery suppliers/fitters, some of whom say the car may need a full reset, while others won’t comment but quote prices on that assumption- i doubt they will reduce their ‘resetting’ element of the cost of that work with their electronic gizmos isn’t necessary. For another example a well known and much used Diagnostic equipment manufacturer to the industry says t car needs no resetting, Google indicates that may not be correct.
So, I’m totally stumped at the moment.
Gordonep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gordonep For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2023, 10:37   #19
pilkers

Default A happy mug

I have a 2019 v60 that I bought brand new with a hefty discount. I love the car and intend to keep it long term. At 71 I have neither the skill nor the inclination to maintain my pride and joy. The supplying dealer (Volvo Perth) have looked after me well and service my car. I accepted when I bought the car that it would not be cheap to run. I have the Volvo 4th year warranty and when it expires I intend to get a 5th year warranty from Volvo. I will get my car serviced by Volvo throughout its life. It gives me peace of mind

You are probably all thinking what a mug! You are all entitled to your opinions (as am I), but I am a happy mug
pilkers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pilkers For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2023, 10:44   #20
Edgecase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonep View Post
I’m pretty much in the same position as Gleneagles- my first Volvo- 2019 V60 T5/ 20k miles odometer, the previous 25 years driving Merc. E Class estates, diesel and petrol.
My Volvo experience has been/ still is unsatisfactory- it feels like I’ve joined a secret society- useless handbooks, far too much reliance on technical features which make the DIY owner at a loss to do even simple tasks, and even after 2 years ownership the vehicle keeps surprising me with its little idiosyncrasies.
My latest problem is the possible need to replace the AGM Start/stop battery. One an easy job of a few minutes, now a minefield of exorbitant demand by main dealer (£420 to replace a £180 battery(top quality brand other,than Volvo) and so- called contradictory expert offers from major battery suppliers/fitters, some of whom say the car may need a full reset, while others won’t comment but quote prices on that assumption- i doubt they will reduce their ‘resetting’ element of the cost of that work with their electronic gizmos isn’t necessary. For another example a well known and much used Diagnostic equipment manufacturer to the industry says t car needs no resetting, Google indicates that may not be correct.
So, I’m totally stumped at the moment.
Have you managed to charge it with an AGM charger? Mine threw a few messages/no stop start when I first got it and 24hours on an AGM charger and its been fine ever since.