Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

performance volvo parts/modifying a v70

Views : 1602

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 21:44   #11
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatHLM
Yawn Yawn Yawn! Opps I think the record has got stuck again - LOL

Hamish has been installing and tuning turbos for a hell of a long time and by the way we did 4 big turbo upgrades last week alone, all with dyno charts and excellent results. FYI our dyno (s) is / are BRAND NEW not 20 years old and is what I would call pretty spot on regards accuracy.

Nat
Please dont allow this post to de-generate nat, i was merly stating my opinion.

you say you have been installing (and re-installing!!) turbos for a long time and did 4 big ones last week, but you say you tune to 350bhp - they cant be that big then!!

lets get this back on track and try and help answer shauns question,stuart from swauto's has posted his cars details and spec that have allowed him to get over 500bhp from the t5.

and with hlm being in business for 20 years as you put it, im sure you must have done some high power t5's also, so we all wait for you to post up some details of a similar car to the swauto's ones that you have personally built from start to finish............

Matt.

Last edited by bobcat; Feb 26th, 2006 at 21:53.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 22:00   #12
NatHLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adieu
Yawn Yawn Yawn....Ah seems my record is also stuck.....lol

I believe Pe's dyno is also very spot on as you put it....see various other posts about dyno results.

And as for turbo's do they still fall off.......roflmao

Now where were we ohhh yeah which is the best car to buy then upgrade!

Regards

Iain
Oh Iain - you are sooooooooooo right, you always are, thats why you have a very successful tuning company of your own LOL.

Even one of our turbos that was falling off (every man and his dog had touch that car after we fitted the turbo)! was producing more than 190 hp. LOVL! That failure you are referring to Iain, has as far as I am aware affected less than 1% of the cars that we have fitted turbos to.

Ps for your information we found out that we use the same studs as turbo technics!!!! And yes we are absoultely sure.

So lets help Shaun make a balanced decision on who is going to be the best tuner for his particular needs.

Nat xx

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 22:08   #13
NatHLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
you say you have been installing (and re-installing!!) turbos for a long time and did 4 big ones last week, but you say you tune to 350bhp - they cant be that big then!!

lets get this back on track and try and help answer shauns question,stuart from swauto's has posted his cars details and spec that have allowed him to get over 500bhp from the t5.

and with hlm being in business for 20 years as you put it, im sure you must have done some high power t5's also, so we all wait for you to post up some details of a similar car to the swauto's ones that you have personally built from start to finish............

Matt.
Matt
Our 19t upgrades are designed to be affordable to the average Joe.

Please read my post again, I never said HLM has been in business for 20 years however hamish has been working for 22 years, HLM has been in business for 6 years.

and I agree to you comment about helping Shaun as I have already said so above.

Nat xx

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 22:15   #14
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

Talking

hmmm , not more replies on how my company is better than yours !!!

only stuart has provided info on exactly what he can do .

besides its all wrong wheel drive!!

to get to that 700 hp will take a fair bit of work , but in my honest opinion youll be better with a RWD vehicle . you could still use a t5/t6 motor if you so wanted
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 22:20   #15
pault5

Angry poor bloke

Well it didn' take long for the VT bashers to show up did it!! My god these people need to get out more!

If you want 350 plus BHP the you will need stronger internals. As Shaun has built two mega power cars then SW autos is probably the best bet.
Paul
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 22:22   #16
NatHLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pault5
Well it didn' take long for the VT bashers to show up did it!! My god these people need to get out more!

If you want 350 plus BHP the you will need stronger internals. As Shaun has built two mega power cars then SW autos is probably the best bet.
Paul
Yep agreed!!!

Nat xx

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 22:25   #17
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatHLM
Matt
Our 19t upgrades are designed to be affordable to the average Joe.

Please read my post again, I never said HLM has been in business for 20 years however hamish has been working for 22 years, HLM has been in business for 6 years.

and I agree to you comment about helping Shaun as I have already said so above.

Nat xx
Nat,

yes the 19t is more afordable than some other turbos, it just seems hlm's idea of a big turbo is very different to others.

sorry, yes you didnt say hlm had been in business for 20 years. And thinking back i believe i have read some info on some hamish's previous garages that are no longer trading.

I look forward to seeing some examples of HLM's high powered t5's.

also, a load of performance volvo's will be going to avon park in march and it would be good if you wanted to bring some of your performace demo cars along.

not sure if voc have a thread on this, but here is another:

http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=132

Matt.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 22:27   #18
IC
S60R/V70R

Default This thread is now closed.

This thread is now closed.
Closed Thread