Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo On call renewal

Views : 6012

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 23:55   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
If you have an older model car then the On-call includes a tracker system, so this should reduce your insurance premium.
You can also call them via a mobile and have them unlock the car should you lock your keys inside.
You can also call them for directions apparently, although a good satnav might negate this necessity I suppose.
I would have liked the functionality of the App features, but I was told at the dealer that it requires the computers to be synced to the phone system for transmission, and this is now built into the newer models but cannot be retro-fitted to older ones alas.
all On-call versions since it was introduced 13 years ago have had tracking but it was only used if you paid for the subscription package .

This is a lot more informative than the volvo website:

http://www.wirelesscar.com/?page_id=26
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 22:52   #12
gjm120761

I also have 06 XC70 and was wondering about on call - have you have a quote for the subscription? I already have breakdown cover with my bank so don't need that - but wondered if you can select just the other bits (which are the cheap services really).

did i read somewhere that you get free breakdown cover if you take a volvo service?
gjm120761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 13:21   #13
saxacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120761 View Post
I also have 06 XC70 and was wondering about on call - have you have a quote for the subscription? I already have breakdown cover with my bank so don't need that - but wondered if you can select just the other bits (which are the cheap services really).

did i read somewhere that you get free breakdown cover if you take a volvo service?
Hi, I'm just in the process of subscribing (although having problems getting registered on the system at the moment).

The cost is £131 for 12 months or £241 for 24 months. I don't believe there is any option to take a reduced/cheaper level of service from them.

My dealership offers 12months free Volvo Assistance with their servicing.
saxacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 20:25   #14
hash67

so we have just had our 2nd service and the time i asked to not have the recovery, they offered a cheaper service but never gave me a price. In the end we went for all the normal service bits but they reduced the price from £485 to £375

all software updates done and now i have both oncall and the 12 month recovery

seems a bit silly they cant work out which to offer

thanks
hash67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 12:28   #15
e1w00db1ue5

this may be a question already answered, but is there a way of finding out what services your volvo supports?

I have a 2009 XC90 with OnCall, no idea what of the services it supports.

J
e1w00db1ue5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 13:06   #16
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1w00db1ue5 View Post
this may be a question already answered, but is there a way of finding out what services your volvo supports?

I have a 2009 XC90 with OnCall, no idea what of the services it supports.

J
your dealer has access to the on call system he can tell you what is what ...

you get the safety package what ever though ... The security package you pay for ..