Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 2022 model new

Views : 10084

Replies : 53

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 13:39   #11
pagan8c
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculliod View Post
Last week I ordered a new Volvo XC60 Inscription T6 Recharge in Silver Dawn with Climate Pack, Dark Tinted Windows, 360 Cameras and Driver Assistance.

I have been told that BLIS is not available and has been withdrawn by Volvo UK due to the shortage of chips although today using the configuration tool and adding in the Cameras BLIS has been included. Have queried it with my Volvo dealer but suspect the website is a mess as the other day you couldnt even add the cameras! so be wary of what the website tells you right now!
I ordered the same car about 6 weeks ago with the same spec. Have ordered in Fusion Red as I have had enough grey ones. I have also got the light interior which is the same as my present XC90 and they will be electric seats with memory and extensions. The spec is basically the same as my XC90 so would miss anything less. My wife and I love the 360 cameras and would not have ordered if they had not been available.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pagan8c For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 15:14   #12
sculliod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculliod View Post
Last week I ordered a new Volvo XC60 Inscription T6 Recharge in Silver Dawn with Climate Pack, Dark Tinted Windows, 360 Cameras and Driver Assistance.

I have been told that BLIS is not available and has been withdrawn by Volvo UK due to the shortage of chips although today using the configuration tool and adding in the Cameras BLIS has been included. Have queried it with my Volvo dealer but suspect the website is a mess as the other day you couldnt even add the cameras! so be wary of what the website tells you right now!
Volvo has confirmed this afternoon that BLIS is not available to order in the UK and will amend their website.
sculliod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 16:15   #13
ustari

BLIS should be standard on these cars I believe. Can be annoying sometimes but really helpful when needed. Particularly on motorways for me personally.
ustari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 18:24   #14
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Just to double check:

Can you order just the ‘360 Camera’ option on its own? Or is it intrinsically part of the BLIS option? I’ll find out tomorrow anyways.

It’s kind of interesting to hear which different options have different priorities for people. I’ve had BLIS for 11 years and never use it and have never seen its value compared to the old-fashioned rule of – look over your shoulder and always check your blind spot, with your own eyes. I would never trust a piece of electronics over my own eyes!
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 18:49   #15
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Just to double check:

Can you order just the ‘360 Camera’ option on its own? Or is it intrinsically part of the BLIS option? I’ll find out tomorrow anyways.

It’s kind of interesting to hear which different options have different priorities for people. I’ve had BLIS for 11 years and never use it and have never seen its value compared to the old-fashioned rule of – look over your shoulder and always check your blind spot, with your own eyes. I would never trust a piece of electronics over my own eyes!
I agree, would rather trust my Mark 1 Eyeball than a sensor and some software!
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 20:44   #16
Saftlad

Quote:
Just to double check:

I believe neither BLIS or 360 camera is available. Either together or separately. I would assume they use the same circuitry in some form or other
Saftlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 21:59   #17
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saftlad View Post
I believe neither BLIS or 360 camera is available. Either together or separately. I would assume they use the same circuitry in some form or other
I am pretty sure BLIS is required for the 360 Camera. When adding the Xenium Pack (now lounge) to my previous XC90 in 2016, you had to also add BLIS for the 360 camera
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 22:48   #18
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
I am pretty sure BLIS is required for the 360 Camera. When adding the Xenium Pack (now lounge) to my previous XC90 in 2016, you had to also add BLIS for the 360 camera
you're absolutely right ✅
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 07:58   #19
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Just to double check:

I think the idea is that its belt and braces, I still look over my shoulder as I have done for the 40 years I have been driving.... but its nice to know that if I miss something I have a check, as I'm happy to admit I am not infallible...

The thing that steers me back into the lane if I dont indicate to cross the white line I can do without though!
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 13:45   #20
sculliod

Quote:
Just to double check:

Volvo UK states that only the 360 Camera can be ordered, BLIS is not included and cannot currently be ordered on a new Volvo XC60
sculliod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sculliod For This Useful Post:

Tags
v90