Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

It's arrived.... but need some forum help

Views : 1929

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 16:07   #11
ianeverett

I had a call from the dealer, asking how I was finding the car my reply was great but could you help me understand how this works......

Of course I will phone you back in an hour.......

Really sorry no one know how this works, please leave it with me......

I'll post an update on here, as and when but glad in a way it's not just me.
ianeverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 16:14   #12
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Ian, you are now hitting exactly same problem that I have with Volvo and this Sensus Connect system which I regard as a beta version as there are so many faults with it.

Volvo Customer Relations have no knowledge of what the term customer or relations mean and simply say that you must speak to the dealer - even when you tell them that the dealer has no knowledge of the system and that it is Volvo that needs to resolve this and all the other issues. They really take the shine off an otherwise super car.

I can only recommend that you write a strong email to Volvo expressing your frustration and perhaps when enough people make their feelings felt on this poor software then they will start to do the job that their title describes.
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 20:00   #13
sddroog

Ok, I "fixed" my send to car issue. Instead of using my Volvo id, I use my VIN number instead. That seems to work. I still feel the Volvo ID should work as well...

Great tip from a member of the Dutch Volvo forum!
sddroog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sddroog For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 10:27   #14
Considered1
Premier Member

You can add your car using one of the following methods:
If you have already ordered your car and are waiting for delivery, please register your order number below.
If you have a car equipped with Sensus connect, you must register your existing Volvo ID in car. To do this, press the Connect Button located in the centre console in your car and select Apps, Settings, Volvo ID and follow the instructions. Instructions on how to register can also be found in the owner´s manual – Volvo ID. If you have a car with Connected Touch, it is not possible to register in car. You must register your vehicle VIN number below.
If you have a non–connected car, please register your vehicle VIN number below.

I take it you followed these steps (from My Volvo Website, just posting for the benefit of everyone who may not have seen this yet..)
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 14:26   #15
ianeverett

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddroog View Post
Ok, I "fixed" my send to car issue. Instead of using my Volvo id, I use my VIN number instead. That seems to work. I still feel the Volvo ID should work as well...

Great tip from a member of the Dutch Volvo forum!

Ok, this all worked 100% for me.

Once I had entered the VIN, I was then able to save the car details into my Nokia account.

Dealer/Volvo - Nil Internet - One !!

thanks
ianeverett is offline   Reply With Quote