Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fastest\powerfulest volvo's in the uk??

Views : 8557

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2006, 20:35   #11
Dan F
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoT5 View Post
On the ramp when I was there earlier this week
Cool. Will be interested to hear of the results.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 20:38   #12
Dan F
Premier Member

So Stu must have one of the 5, but who *currently* has the other 4?
I used to have one of them, but I don't own it any more.

I reckon Spesh's must be one, if it is finished and running that is.

Dan.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 20:41   #13
bobcat
Premier Member

thanks chris and darren,

Yeah i know of stu's and al's, but just wondered whether there's any cars that we dont see on the forums that thier owners keep quiet.

Knowing some of the secrets of "the 850r" i can say that my car will be knowhere near it, but hopefully pretty much the same as al's.

Its just i would like to be able to say to people that my volvo is one of the the most powerful in the UK when im defending myself for driving an old mans car!!!

I ideally would like to have around 500+ bhp and still keep it as my daily drive.

The modding should start soon with the big reds and 330mm's.

oh, and i will be definately going to a manual box!!!
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 20:54   #14
imac
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post

oh, and i will be definately going to a manual box!!!
Thought about a 6 Speeder from an S60R ?

I think someone in the US has put one on an 850 T5 when doing a manual swap.

I must meet you & your R one of these days!
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 23:38   #15
SaffronC70
aka Whitey

Al's car should be progressing a little more soon - he is always jet setting with his work, so has little time with the poor thing.

1. Stu's 850R
2. Elliot's 850 ?
3. Ashok's V40 T4 ?
4. Joe's S40 T4 ?
5. Al's V70 T5 soonish ?

Dan, yours was one of the fastest in the UK ?! Quality - wish I had the chance to see it.

What has happened to Spesh ?

Chris
3" SW Autos turbo back exhaust - Custom intake - S60R Green Injectors - TD04-19T turbo - MTE ECU remap - BSR Boost Gauge - Powerflex / QBM bushes - 19" Volvo Pegasus alloy wheels - Porsche 993 Turbo Big Red calipers - Volvo S60R front discs - AP Racing Pads - 2004 headlamps and indicators - Koni Yellow Suspension Kit
SaffronC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 23:53   #16
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoT5 View Post
Thought about a 6 Speeder from an S60R ?

I think someone in the US has put one on an 850 T5 when doing a manual swap.

I must meet you & your R one of these days!
hmmm, i'll have to look into the 6 speed. but think i will go with the 5 speed as the swap has been proven and you can lay yours hand on them very easily.

yeah, we will have to try and hook up. im looking forward to my d5 test drive. i did think about ditching the r for a d5, but it would take a year plus to get the initial costs back and i would only be saving £100 odd a month on fuel, so ive decided to stick with performance and go a bit mad on the car.

I did see your family's white 850 t5 estate up at stu's, nice motor - i said we should have put it on the dyno!!!!
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 23:57   #17
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaffronC70 View Post
Al's car should be progressing a little more soon - he is always jet setting with his work, so has little time with the poor thing.

1. Stu's 850R
2. Elliot's 850 ?
3. Ashok's V40 T4 ?
4. Joe's S40 T4 ?
5. Al's V70 T5 soonish ?

Dan, yours was one of the fastest in the UK ?! Quality - wish I had the chance to see it.

What has happened to Spesh ?

Chris
power wise i reckon:

1. The 850r
2. Al's v70
3. Jo's T4

not sure about 4th and 5th as i think ashoks car was 310bhp and elliot got 316bhp from his kkk'ed 850 t5, so pretty close.

elliots car does go well, and did a 14.2 1/4 mile.

Anyone know of anymore powerful volvo's? what about RT's yellow t5r?
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 00:31   #18
powernut
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
power wise i reckon:

1. The 850r
2. Al's v70
3. Jo's T4

not sure about 4th and 5th as i think ashoks car was 310bhp and elliot got 316bhp from his kkk'ed 850 t5, so pretty close.

elliots car does go well, and did a 14.2 1/4 mile.

Anyone know of anymore powerful volvo's? what about RT's yellow t5r?
hi all nice now the therd has got going,anyway im i aloud to use mine to race any of ur volvos as mines in a beetle?
powernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 00:57   #19
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

A guy (think his name is Paul) that runs a Volvo and Saab Repair business somewhere in London, owns a 740 Turbo which he fitted a PRV V6 Turbo to after he couldnt get anymore from the standard 4 cylinder redblock turbo.

When i last spoke to him a about 5 years ago when i purchased his old modified Cylinderhead from the redblock engine, the V6 Turbo was doing the 1/4 mile quite comfortably in the low 12's at around 113mph ish. But he was constantly blowing gearboxes so was awaiting a Corvette gearbox to come in from the states to deal with the power.

I do remember asking him how much power it had, and his reply was "i don't know, we only tune it on the road" which then led to some amusing stories of how him and his mate were trying to map it at full boost in 4th gear on public roads.

How the car is doing now, or if he's still playing with it i don't know. I'll have to try and find his buisness card and pop by.

All i've got is a little vid of the engine bay i shot at a BKV sometime in early 2000/2001.

http://www.chesh.co.uk/moviefiles/prv.avi

He also has one of the sweetest modified Amazon's i've ever seen in the UK.

Last edited by Chesh740R; Aug 19th, 2006 at 01:02.
Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 01:04   #20
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Does it have to be a Volvo powered Volvo? If not, there are going to be some V8 swapped RWD Volvos ready to make the list.

There was also a 760 V6 rolling around a few years ago with a turbo strapped on. He had getting on for 400bhp, but way more torque, and being right wheel drive, it ran some sensible 1/4 mile times for its power level. He wasn't an internet guy, and seems to have stopped turning up to VOC meets in the last couple of years (where I heard about it), but assuming it's still alive, I think it's on the list.

If Griz ever gets off his lazy Brummie arse and finishes his project, he'll probably go in at the #1 spot.

If we're talking about 1/4 mile times, Huskyracer's 340 turbo runs better times than some of the cars on that list. It comes back to how you assess performance. He wins on lower speed accelleration thanks to a good power/weight ratio.

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote