Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Maybe selling my 850R

Views : 3253

Replies : 39

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 2nd, 2014, 18:58   #11
scvolvo
Premier Member

Stick it on eBay, it will be hard to get people to buy it at that price, if they remember when they were £1000-1500.

By the doubters wake up, most will be sold to people willing to pay more, when they come to sell in many years in the future prices will have moved on even further.

Also I guess vpc'ers will know how much you paid and will not want to pay a lot more, obviously not considering the work it takes to get a car in straight condition.
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 19:01   #12
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scvolvo View Post
Stick it on eBay, it will be hard to get people to buy it at that price, if they remember when they were £1000-1500.

By the doubters wake up, most will be sold to people willing to pay more, when they come to sell in many years in the future prices will have moved on even further.

Also I guess vpc'ers will know how much you paid and will not want to pay a lot more, obviously not considering the work it takes to get a car in straight condition.
its took me a year and at least 4 grand to get it where it is now, i'll probably just keep it, i just didnt want 2 toys (744 turbo) and a daily (745)

visit my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/t5frankie?feature=mhee
t5frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 19:16   #13
scvolvo
Premier Member

I know how you feel there, I'm just working through the cars now, both gulls will be finished to some sort of standard by summer.

The lazer v70r is being retired as I won't get the money I want for it, so I'll stick a 6sp in and s60r lump with 19t,once gulls are done.

The 850r will be broken (not happy about that) as it's the best way of getting money from it.

And the sonic v70r will be the daily driver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (266.5 KB, 7 views)
Old May 2nd, 2014, 19:17   #14
scvolvo
Premier Member

Here is the sonic, I like very much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (319.3 KB, 11 views)
Old May 2nd, 2014, 20:42   #15
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Here is the sonic, I like very much
nice mate, i wouldnt mind one myself, aint had a phase 2 yet, only 17 old ones lol

visit my youtube channel
Old May 2nd, 2014, 20:47   #16
scvolvo
Premier Member

Had 3 s60r's you probably know, but I must say I do miss driving one.

They are fairly sorted from Volvo, only a map is needed really to get 330-340 bhp on a strong healthy car.

So a bargain fast car really, a bit more maintenance than an 850 but nicer to drive. Not the total nightmare they are made out to be and 05 onwards were heavily revised as an example angle gear is meant to be 300% stronger.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 20:52   #17
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Had 3 s60r's you probably know, but I must say I do miss driving one.

They are fairly sorted from Volvo, only a map is needed really to get 330-340 bhp on a strong healthy car.

So a bargain fast car really, a bit more maintenance than an 850 but nicer to drive. Not the total nightmare they are made out to be and 05 onwards were heavily revised as an example angle gear is meant to be 300% stronger.
if i ever have another volvo it would be an s60r, flash or black with atacama, although would be a backwards step in the speed department lol

visit my youtube channel
Old May 2nd, 2014, 20:52   #18
scvolvo
Premier Member

You should post up a build thread on the 740 as I have one of those in my sights and my friend has the red 740 turbo at the southern meet.

Actually he is meant to be coming with me and the wife and daughter to Gothenburg later in the year.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 20:55   #19
scvolvo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
if i ever have another volvo it would be an s60r, flash or black with atacama, although would be a backwards step in the speed department lol
They really aren't slow, had 174 on the road hawk gps (obviously not on the road etc). Used to get to 160 in just about 1 1/4 miles-ish.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 20:56   #20
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
You should post up a build thread on the 740 as I have one of those in my sights and my friend has the red 740 turbo at the southern meet.

Actually he is meant to be coming with me and the wife and daughter to Gothenburg later in the year.
this is it now

visit my youtube channel