Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

480 ES For Sale: 12 months MOT, 6 months Tax, low miles!!

Views : 2153

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2011, 21:44   #11
bookerbill
Trader

hi matey i have contacted member whos selling 480 and he had taken a deposit last week regards billy lpool
bookerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 12:37   #12
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangrant View Post
Hi there, Im just curious to seee if the 480 is still available for sale?If I get this new job today, I will be getting a car allowance, Regards Dean
Scary if a company gives a car allowance without some fairly stiff criteria, and allows you run a 20 year old car?

Still when you get the job, you'll be made aware of that criteria.

Scary.

Prufrock.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 14:19   #13
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
Scary if a company gives a car allowance without some fairly stiff criteria, and allows you run a 20 year old car?
Still when you get the job, you'll be made aware of that criteria.
Scary.
Prufrock.
Makes a lot of sense to me !

If a company gives you a car allowance in lieu of a company car, then its up to you what you spend the money on - choices around road tax, insurance, maintenance and mpg are all up to you and what you get on back on mileage allowance is all down to the HMRC.

I once swapped a 2 year old sensible Audi diesel for a 6 year old Impreza turbo because I was bored and was given a fuel card. Cheaper to buy/finance but more to run. You pays yer money and takes yer choice ?
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 19:14   #14
deangrant

No this company would let me buy my own car, and pay me the allowance each month, and this would be the perfect chance to get the car that I want, and even though the car maybe 20 years old, it still looks amazing, and Im sure that this one drives very well, as the pics do it justice.

Im still waiting to find out weather I have nailed the job, so watch this space
deangrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 19:46   #15
capt jack
VOC Member

I take a car allowance instead of a company car, and run my 1997 V70! That it has zero depreciation and runs on LPG doesn't alter the fact that I get a cash allowance (taxed) and 45 tax-free pence per mile!

I know some companies insist that the car you use is no more than 4 or 5 years old, and someone at work did say to me once that I only get away with it because it's a Volvo. Anything else would not be acceptable for the firm's image!

Another plus is that it's one of the very few estate cars in the company!

Although it is 15 years old, and it's mileage at 250,000 is (literally) more than all the company cars added together, it still looks as good as anything else on the car park!

Good luck with the new job.

Cheers

Jack

PS - have been seriously thinking then if and when the current chariot finally expires I might just replace it with a 240. Just imagine the top honcho's face when he spots that in the car park alongside (and dare I say outshining) his big flashy Beemer!

Last edited by capt jack; Oct 14th, 2011 at 19:50.
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 21:15   #16
bened

The car has now been sold, thanks.
bened is offline   Reply With Quote