Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Some Pics Of 850R

Views : 2308

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2007, 22:15   #11
st5ve
S60 R

A very tasty looking car, the front end sets it off. I have the 855 R White that was recently up for sale, when I get the car looking ok will organise meet up maybe with Laurance as well, get a picture of all three together.
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 20:30   #12
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT 16750 View Post
Nice 850R - love the b/w photo - makes the car look kinda mean
Tell me - is the 'R' badge on the front grille stuck on or clipped on? (thinking about doing the same to mine). Thanks - Neil.
Yep, it's just a rear R badge stuck to the new black grill with an 2000 onwards Volvo badge.

Thanks all for your kind comments.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 20:31   #13
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttacornwall View Post
A very tasty looking car, the front end sets it off. I have the 855 R White that was recently up for sale, when I get the car looking ok will organise meet up maybe with Laurance as well, get a picture of all three together.
We will defo have to tea that up, should be a good photo for the forum. Keep me posted.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 21:02   #14
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Some more:>>>>>
Forum-Pic-1.jpgForum-pic-2.jpgForum-pic-3.jpg
Safety car sept 07.jpg

My car is sometimes used as a Safety car at the track days here at Marham but all the badges are magnetic and doesn't mark the car.
The car does go on the track but I wouldn't say it's 'Tracked'. No more than a quick blast on a country road. Most of it's duties take place on an 'Amber track' at 40mph tops!!

Last edited by Georgey dee; Dec 3rd, 2007 at 21:05.
Georgey dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 21:11   #15
AndysR
VOC Member

Ideal safety car, quick enough and high visability due to the colour!

So can this track be hired out/a track session be hired. Just interested as not too far from Kings Lynn and would be nice to see what my R is really like in a safe enviroment and whilst not putting the car or other road users at risk especially now it has had its re-map
AndysR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 21:27   #16
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrs View Post
Ideal safety car, quick enough and high visability due to the colour!

So can this track be hired out/a track session be hired. Just interested as not too far from Kings Lynn and would be nice to see what my R is really like in a safe enviroment and whilst not putting the car or other road users at risk especially now it has had its re-map

I would get down here on the next track day which will be in Mid April 08, Keep an eye out for the post in 'Events and Meets'

Yes the colour does get some comments but to my surprise, most are positive.
As the great Clarkson states, "White is the new Black".
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 21:42   #17
AndysR
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgey dee View Post
I would get down here on the next track day which will be in Mid April 08, Keep an eye out for the post in 'Events and Meets'
Sounds like a plan will keep me eye's peeled.

Quote:
Yes the colour does get some comments but to my surprise, most are positive.
As I said previously I love the colour think it's the best colour the R was made available in as it highlights the little extras like the lower front spoiler and the grey flick on the boot spoiler, if you ever decide to sell I would like to be considered for first dibs as the new owner and it would definately go to someone who would care for it! Until then I shall enjoy the gun metal grey one I have

Quote:

As the great Clarkson states, "White is the new Black".

I agree!
AndysR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 12:20   #18
needforswede
Chequered Roof Aficionado

Nice car, my old 2.0 was white and on the odd occasion that it was clean it looked really quite nice.

Just a quick question though, what's the difference between the standard washer jets and the 2000 ones, as I've seen this done before? And is your front Volvo badge a direct fit off an S60?

Cheers.

1995 Volvo 854 2.0 10v S Auto "Old Reliable"
needforswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 17:25   #19
Georgey dee
Premier Member

The washer jets are from a 2000 onwards V70 classic or C70 convertible and so is the Badge. The Badge is not a perfect fit so does need sticking with 'tiger seal' or 'stirckerflex' or similar body kit type flexible adhesive.

The washer jets are a straight swap, a very easy and cheap mod (£11 ish) and the coverage on the window is 1000% better and doesn't need to be adjusted. Plus your washer bottle lasts longer as not as much water is needed to cover the screen, a must on winter roads.
grill 2.jpg
You'll notice the headlight wipers are still on but they didn't last long so had to go!!!!!!!
Image009.jpg
Getting rid of the headlight wipers also saves water, it just means you need to wipe your headlights down every so often, or just wash the car more often LOLClean-front-end-07-2.jpg
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 17:32   #20
JIM C
Forum Support Team

I agree it looks better without the wipers. Less cluttered.